Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had my car remapped at Regal Autosport in southampton on my AGU 1.8t fitted with KO4-023 turbo, bigger inkectors fuel pump, FMIC, 80mm MAF and induction kit, turbo back exhaust system. its came out on the rolling road at 253.6 bhp and 224.1ltft of torque. does this seem accurate?! alot of people see 270+ hp with the same as what i have fitted.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Alot of them went on rolling roads that are completely inaccurate.

253.6bhp seems about spot on for a remapped ko4

Dan
I thought there would be more from a k04 dan?

i expected maybe a stretch to 250 from a k04-001 but more from a k04-023??

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice one dan thats reassuring. thats exactly wat they said to me. alot of garages have there dynos set up generously to get more happier customers.

unfortunately i aint been able to test drive yet as when i turned up and he took me out for a spin the driveshaft went that they had jus replaced. and before the one they fitted my friend had fitted 2 for me which both went. kinda concluded its cheap parts and far too much stress on the shaft where im so low. so goin for a much better shaft tommorow and raising her up [:(]. but as he said cant have both power and looks on coilovers. maybe airbag setup to look at next. got some engine spacers so may use them and a chassis notch.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats wot i thought paradox. most remppaers say 270hp out of phase 1 map on S3, Cupra R etc. and ive got all the auxilleries they use and uprated ones so would have thought i woulda seen better results

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
You getting close to the torque of a standard pd130 now [Y]

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
There is no way a phase 1 map will run 270hp on a ko4 mate.

You might be able to push just over 260hp on a ko4-023 but it will be really pushing the turbo.

My old one before it went pop pushed 252hp and I had all the bolt on mods for it apart from a really decent exhaust - still had an ok one though.

Dan

·
Registered
585 Posts
just had my car remapped at Regal Autosport in southampton on my AGU 1.8t fitted with KO4-023 turbo, bigger inkectors fuel pump, FMIC, 80mm MAF and induction kit, turbo back exhaust system. its came out on the rolling road at 253.6 bhp and 224.1ltft of torque. does this seem accurate?! alot of people see 270+ hp with the same as what i have fitted.
i to have a agu engine and was thinking of getting a bigger turbo to a ko3s. where did u get yours from? what else did you need to fit it?

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
250 is about right, put the graph up, speaks a whole lot more than peak figures when you see the nice curve and a big nice space under the line.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
k thanks again dan bud. and Ian i have a naff phone but will see what i can do. may be able to work something with the home fax and i will get it up

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
hahaha cheers PokerPro! thought there was gonna be a narky comment from one of You diesel bandits haha!
Lol @ diesel bandits, its all fun

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Thats crap torque mate. Should be anywhere between 250-290. Something is a bit fishy either with the map or the dyno. Was it just a generic flashed file?

Go to a decent tuner....

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
really? they have still got my car and ive still got my money so what shall i say? i think it is a base map and then apparently been individually tweeked from there? but like i said they have had driveshaft issues so i cant see how its been dyno'd to tweek etc. i was sayin to my mate who went to collect with me that seemed a bit dodgy.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry mate what you mean bout that? im a bit of a noob to this. what sort of things can i say to them tommorow that aint right and i would like sorted?

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
sorry if my first posted sounded a liek i was saying your results were xcrap, just had higher expectations form a k04 023.

good job on getting the conversion done though. as its a turbo conversion they should do a complete custom remap as far as I know. as for the torque figures, I think you can get around that sort of number with a ko3s maybe more.

what about changing your fpr to a 4bar one?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts