Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this is the 4th year now, but it'll be new for some! Perhaps its now a tradition...

Not long until winter and salt all over the roads, so lets be seeing those pictures of filthy dirty cars again!

As a teaser, here is two from the drive to Telford for the Ulitimate Dubs show earlier this year;

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its on its way! Just been looking on the Vortex and saw some pictures of a meet and the car park had front on the ground; scary! Its only september!

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm sure this is the 4th year now, but it'll be new for some! Perhaps its now a tradition...

Not long until winter and salt all over the roads, so lets be seeing those pictures of filthy dirty cars again!

As a teaser, here is two from the drive to Telford for the Ulitimate Dubs show earlier this year;
Not got a photo of mine to post (yet), but i do know what you mean about them getting absolutely filthy! This will be my first winter with the mkIV - joy!

May i ask, whats the smaller TDI badge on yours? and whats with the steel rims?

[Y]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
from what it said in the paper today this winter is gonna be warm and wet !  so lets hope less of the salt on the road !

·
Registered
48 Posts
from what it said in the paper today this winter is gonna be warm and wet ! so lets hope less of the salt on the road !
Come on get real, they can't forecast 24 hours in front accurately what chance 3-4 months ahead![^o)]

·
Old School UkMkivs Member
2,166 Posts
You think you guys get it bad.

I work on the same site that the gritters run from. We have a shared driveway/entrance and its amazing how big the piles of pure road salt get where it falls off the gritters once they have been loaded.

I have to drive through them at 0.001 mph to try to minimise how much gets attached to my car. With my old calibra I used to park up in the carpark, come back to my car later on and where the water had settled on the wheel rims there would be big piles of pure road salt sitting there. Great for your alloys that!

Hence why the A8's will be coming off this winter.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
from what it said in the paper today this winter is gonna be warm and wet ! so lets hope less of the salt on the road !
Come on get real, they can't forecast 24 hours in front accurately what chance 3-4 months ahead![^o)]
Well, that's just it the further ahead it becomes more and more generalised.. so warm and wet could fluctuate between icy cold and dry an sunny with tonnes of rain.. but in general it will be warm and wet, apparently.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
The photo was taken for the wind post. It was the wind, honest! [A]

Not that I didnt have a grin on my face like a chesire cat mind!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
You must have produced a lot of wind to topple it [:p]

Good job it didn't blow the other way against the side of your R32 [:O]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
You must have produced a lot of wind to topple it [:p]

Good job it didn't blow the other way against the side of your R32 [:O]
Was out at work, came home to it like that. The stand or whatever you call it was on the car side, so shouldn't topple that way. However, if he does put it up again I'll ask him to move it after that.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
The tree is mine and I'm quite partial to it! It's like a gyminast (sp) in the wind anyway, bends around and does various dances and returns back to a normal state. The trunk isn't that big and even if it did topple wouldnt hit the car, its just the way the picture has been taken, could come through my bedroom window though!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Probably posted on here many times before, and not my car (hence post) - anyones on here?

Amusing that it from my local garage, and comes round with all manor of e-mails, lol

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 21 Posts