Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with any aftermarket wings please?
Are they worth it or best to go genuine VW?

I have no plans on selling so longevity is important.

Thanks.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Carbon fibre... At £600(min) plus £100-150 sprayed per wing, it doesn't take much consideration on my income. £170 plus £100-150 sprayed genuine VW galv steel with 10plus years use... I'm already sold on genuine. I thinking cheaper aftermarket... Plus CF doesn't tap out if it's knocked bad... Fingers crossed that doesn't happen as I have an 18yo car without a ding!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
just get whatever most patent parts for the mk4 are spot on, especially the parts from starline... fitment is good but i would deffo have the sprayer coat the inside of it with primer just to make sure it lasts long enough ;) or if you are going to buy it yourself.... get a good layer of primer on the inside before dropping it off at the sprayer.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've managed to get a genuine VW one. Hard to find now as no longer made. Mk4s were removed from the VW dealers parts catalogue in June 21. Genuine cost more, but I know I'll get 10 plus years out of it.

When I replaced the drivers side wing, I Hammerited the inside, before spraying it in body wax and reinstating the plastic arch liner. Well worth it IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts