Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I want a aftermarket exhaust on my mk4 TDI but im not too sure what brand to go for and how it would sound on a diesel. I know im after something which looks similar to the GTI anni exhaust (Single Oval Tip), what brands or systems would sound the best ? videos and links will be helpful and maybe pics of what you already have done?. Thanks

Updated

·
Dinny gees any o yir pash !
1,198 Posts
Don't want to rain on your parade, but can I have some of what you're smoking ??? I'd like to know where you can get an Anni look-a-like exhaust for £200 !

I think you need to clarify what you're looking for.

I appreciate that you have a diesel, but a FULL, standard Mk4 Golf exhaust for a petrol car, from one of the tyre & exhaust outlets will come in at close to £450 - 500.

The section with the CAT from the manifold to the mid joint, comes in at about £250 (Trade price - without fitting). The rear sections with the silencers are about £150 (Trade price).

So, what are you looking for ?

A whole exhaust?

The front section?

...or are you just after a back end to make it 'sound & look' like the real thing?

So, I can only suggest that unless you need the thing because you're current one is on it's way out, that you save your pennies & buy a genuie one, or start searching e-bay / gumtree / classified ads, to find a second hand one, which will probably be like finding rocking horse poo !

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mmalkie, thanks for the reply but i believe its abit early for you after reading your reply pal. I've clearly put AFTERMARKET EXHAUST and something which LOOKS LIKE the anni exhaust, not the real anni exhaust. i think i was clear in my description and i didn't say i can get a anni look alike exhaust for 200, i was asking for suggestions and tips and online links to give me a idea of where and what to get and my budget can be extended and the term exhaust refers to the whole exhaust as in a whole exhaust system if you still fail to understand.

and i dont know whos been selling you standard exhausts for 450-500 pound but they have clearly been taking you for a fool pal. Ive had a full JETEX 26-HTR system fitted for 350 quid on my mark 3 gti and my bora had a custom one made by Big City Tyres for 210 pound, So you clearly got taken for a fool.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Not sure if you can get one that looks like the Anniversary one, but the Sportex cat back systems come in at under £200

They are Mild steel though but should last a few years. Mine sounds good on my car, not sure how it would sound on a Diesel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.