Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting an exhaust for my 1.8T. Just found out that you have to cut away bodywork on the car (metal bodywork not plastic) underneath near the tail pipe tips when fitting the miltek system. Anyone done this? Are all the aftermarket exhausts on the market needing this?

Jon

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Depends what exhaust you get, whether you have a straight exit backbox or rounded down tail pipes like standard.

Scorpion are a very good exhaust and very reasonably priced too. IMHO, millteks are far over rated.
I agree, have a scorpion exhuast, and personally i think it soulds better than a miltek and its cheaper too, got mine for 3 bills

most milteks are 360+fitting

if not go custom

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Milltek must be the most over-rated exhaust of all time. Sometimes people have to cut away metal to get it to line-up AND it won't fit unless you also change the rear valance. Utter fail. They don't even sound much different from standard.

As above, Scorpion are very good. I can also recommend Sportex from my last car (unsure if they do a fitment for the Mk4). On this car, I run a full Mongoose system and find it excellent - smooth sound, but noticable as not being standard and the pipes look good too. [Y]

Wigster.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
i dont think miltek is over-rated they give you a lifetime guarantee which means those exhausts cannot die! thats my opinion tho

·
Registered
380 Posts
they do look spot on when fitted properly with the 4 motion valance to be fair.

the louder non resonated system makes a very decent noise when flooring it but is almost standard like when on the motorway and not boomy.

that said scorpion make awesome exhausts, have one on my other car thats 7 year old and it looks as new.

magnex, mongoose, jetex and blueflame also make quality exhausts.

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
i dont think miltek is over-rated they give you a lifetime guarantee which means those exhausts cannot die! thats my opinion tho
I think you'll find most stainless systems come with this guarantee, as they won't rust. That only leaves the hangers or the baffles to fail.

My Mongoose system also came with a lifetime guarantee, but I've not needed it in the 6 years it's been on the car.

Wigster.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
milteks lifetime guarantee is not only because its stainless steel mate

6 years with an exhaust and not having to change it or fix anything for it is good mate..and yeah the guarantee covers everything so any problems you'll have will be fixed

·
Registered
451 Posts
milteks lifetime guarantee is not only because its stainless steel mate

6 years with an exhaust and not having to change it or fix anything for it is good mate..and yeah the guarantee covers everything so any problems you'll have will be fixed
6 years is not even long time for a stainless steel exhaust as if you look at it in the other way a standard exhaust that comes from factory can last a much longer time then 6 years so a stainless steel exhaust which is corrison-resistant should last atleast the life time of the car.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So is it just the miltek system you have to remove bodywork from the car to make it fit or also with other manufactures?

Jon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts