Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanting some feedback from guys who have had this fitted, im wanting to get a good deal from someone in the manchester area as we might want a few cars doing if theres any recommendations

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
You're looking at about 3-3.5 hours labour per car - if you can find someone prepared to skin their knuckles for half a day for the price of a pint, grab them before they change their mind!

It's not a difficult job (fiddly though), why not DIY?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
awsome now do it for 150 i think im sure thats what i read, is it worth while people as me n me mate are thinkin of doing it.

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
Once you've done it a few times you can do it in little over an hour including road test.  Just get Stalk and Loom and slip some beer tokens my way and I'll do it for ya!

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
awsome now do it for 150 i think im sure thats what i read, is it worth while people as me n me mate are thinkin of doing it.
I find it's good for 2 main things:

Keeping control of your speed through the likes of roadworks on the motorway, it's all too easy to slip up and get 3 points.

Long journeys, I drive down to the south of France now and again and its invaluable in terms of stress relief & comfort as you can stretch both legs.

There's better things to spend your money on though if you just want it for the sake of having it.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
lol i drive to south of france every summer and will be making three long drives to europe next summer also drive a fair way each day this i gotta have :)

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
It's worth every penny then - those beautifully smooth asphalt toll roads are THE best, mainly because the French are too tight to use them, so they're nice and quiet enough to set the cruise at 100mph and eat up the miles (Remembering to stop at some services each section so they don't bust you on the timer!)

Go via the new bridge at Millau - it's stunning.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Once you've done it a few times you can do it in little over an hour including road test. Just get Stalk and Loom and slip some beer tokens my way and I'll do it for ya!
Where abouts are you from? Sounds like a good deal to me, if your local enough that is! [:)]

·
Registered
824 Posts
1J0 953 513 01 C part number for the stalk

1J0 971 425 part number for the wiring for the stalk

...and yes,vag com is needed for enabling the cruise control.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my mates desperate to get his audi a4 tdi done its a slightly diferent stalk to mk4s/boras could anyone help him out, as when hes enquired some companies have either said its not possible or they are wanting silly money

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
my mates desperate to get his audi a4 tdi done its a slightly diferent stalk to mk4s/boras could anyone help him out, as when hes enquired some companies have either said its not possible or they are wanting silly money
If you was to go for the kit I do believe it is all the same.

But could be worth a check.

Sarah

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
The only difference I'm aware of is that the bulkhead plug may use a different style of connector - certainly the passat does. If you buy a PC monitor plug from maplin, the pins in there should work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts