Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I have a MKV R32 which I am looking to change the wheels on. One possible wheel I might go for is the new Audi RS4 in 19" but I am a little concerned what a 19" rim would look like on the car without lowering it. If anyone can post a picture of a MKV with 19" alloys on with the standard suspension set-up I'd really appreciate it. In fact if anyone who has aftermarket alloys 18" or 19" on a Golf V could post some pics that'd be great and I'm sure this post would prove very useful to all MKV owners!

Thanks, John

·
Registered
555 Posts
i think 19s would look fine on a R32 coz yours is lower by 15 mm anyway

19s on a standard golf would look [+o(]

got pics of mk4 but not mk5

·
Registered
89 Posts
The RS4 reps are nice ... although any reps just can't seem to compare with the OEM Audi ones. Just something about the curvature on the OEM rims is so sleek. The Helios are also a very nice rim - I think I read somewhere that VW is no longer making them so heads up. If you don't mind paying for postage, OEMPL.US here in Southern California carries all of these. They are $$$ though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i had some sportec mono 19's on my TT they look ace, but found them very heavy. 27kg with tyres, ive just got some bbs ch 19's for my forthcoming car they weigh 22.5kg with tyres.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Heh I love the Helios - when did they stop making them?? So damn expensive like you say [:S]

C
Saw a set on a new Phaeton in a showroom last week so they are still being factory fitted - they are the best non Golf wheel for the Golf IMHO.

·
Registered
89 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts