Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrite people just gave my car a quick clean up.. and thought i may try our rotary on it.. and heres some of the results sorry for the poor pic quality (phone pics)...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comments welcome good or bad...

Also I only used bmw polish on the car and it came out pretty well.. gonna try some other products when i get some more time and give the car some wax as im sure i can make it shiny-er [:p]

Sat [y]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Wicked innit bruv [Y]

Now stop spending hours polishing and then taking pics with a phone cam!!!

I'm just resizing some just-polished pics I took today, gonna post 'em later [:)]

Sat, take the car somewhere interesting for a photoshoot like you did last time. It'll look even better.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wicked innit bruv [Y]

Now stop spending hours polishing and then taking pics with a phone cam!!!

I'm just resizing some just-polished pics I took today, gonna post 'em later [:)]

Sat, take the car somewhere interesting for a photoshoot like you did last time. It'll look even better.
innit lol... It only took me an hour and a bit to wash and polish not bad considering it normally takes me around 50 mins to clean my car properly... I would love to take it to same location.. but il look a bit odd when all the business men are walking around and im stood there taking pics of a golf lol... heres a pic of sonnys car in the same location... we're trying to arrange a meet there for the brummies [:p] and get some nice photos happening..

Posted Image

Sat [y]

p.s. thanks for the comment. [y]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Cool Pics, i need to get a rotary going on mine. Never used one before so im a beginner in all that business.

You should get pics of your Golfs together. [Y]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool Pics, i need to get a rotary going on mine. Never used one before so im a beginner in all that business.

You should get pics of your Golfs together. [Y]
I used one once before when i was 15 [:O] lol on my dad beemer but at that time i never really knew what i was doing... but now i sort of know lol.. i really want to test my skills and methods on a dark coloured car.. as thats the best way as with silver its hard to tell if you've taken all the swirls/cobwebs out of the paintwork.. reflex silver needs some harsh lighting to show the minor blemishes...

Thanks again for your comment [y]

p.s. i don't like parking my car next to more modified golfs (lowered ones) as it makes my car look even more 4x4 lol..

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks great mate and sum lovely reflections too[Y]

Nice work.
Thanks mate... hopefully i'll get some more better reflections when ive applied some wax to the polished finish..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
291 Posts
Looking good!! [:D]

Now get some of the Harly wax from Essex and get all the hard work sealed in!!

If you get a Birmingham meet going, I might even pop down to join the reflex silver brigade! [H]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im gonna try some more polishing first before i seal the finish.. as im not 100% happy with the finish as there are still some swirl marks but i wasn't expecting to remove all of them as i never used an aggressive compound etc.. i only used a mild polish which was good but not good enough... so i may go again at the affected areas with something slightly more harsher to see if it removes the swirls.. and as many people have mentioned vag paint is quite hard [:p]

Sat [y]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts