Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Ive basically decided to go for Aerocoat's aeromax refurb on my much loved BBS RC anniversary rims. I'm aware there are many people in the same situation with the same or other rims, so may we can can get together and get it for a better price. As one of the main threads stated that they would do it cheaper if 4+ sets of rims were given to them.

Delivery/collection

I will also be using courier to send these and have them delivered back, so maybe we can even save on deliver/collection costs if we use the same courier some like paisley etc.

Time line

I'm looking to the have my rims done in 3-5 weeks, if there is enough interest I will start to contact Aerocoat lot and arrange costings etc.

Hope this helps guys.

Regards.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'd be interested but need more info on this to work out affordability:

1.) Aerocoat are 2.5hrs away in Norfolk and i'm in Northampton- guessing i have to arrange courior myself? Anson- you're 6.5hrs away...

2.) I dont have the anni rims, but a set of LM reps in 18"- is there a size limit as to how who can take part in this group buy because i have more surface area to cover...

3.) whats the normal cost for a set of 4 rims?- again is there a set price?

4.) if the above is a problem- can people buy the aeromax powder off them to have a local coater do it??

·
Registered
318 Posts
just had my monty 2's done and they normally charge £60 per corner.doubt very much that he'd give someone else the aeromax stuff because he spent alot of time developing it himself.

hope this helps[:)]

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will get on the phone to them and ask them about the LM Reps. The courier issue is basically works out like this:

If more then one of us cant travel to them , we could potentially use one courier company and negotiate a discounted price that's all. Or if everyone thinks that could be trouble-some then do it individually. I will provide updates once I have obtained the necessary info, and like 'two-arms' said I doubt it VERY much any refurb company would pass their 'powder' on to another.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you go the to thread under the Wheel section of MK4, you will see a thread about a BBS RC refurb prices are stated on there, however could be invalid as costs could go up or down.

·
Registered
236 Posts
ok scratch the powder coat buying idea...prices for wheel sizes would be great...i may get some scirocco mk2 scala wheels done which are 14"...that'll be 4 sets of wheels then. :)

·
99 Ronnie
2,793 Posts
Hey Mr Cracked, I'm interested in this. I've got 4 x tireless RC that need a refurb. I couldnt buy a complete set in one go, so one is a gunmetal colour (which I guess they'll strip anyway?). I also have the centre caps to have paint matched to the wheels. Subscribed to this thread for updates, thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Guys

Just been speaking to Adam at Aerocoat, I have got a price of £250.00 this includes:

4x BBS RCs finished in their 'Silvery finish' , 'Black chrome finish' or their new 'Chrome finish' described as slightly reflective and more crisp. All centre caps are included in this price, in addition to this shipping the rims back is ALSO included, and also included is the dreaded VAT!!!!

Adam said it would be cheaper however due to VAT increases this is no longer possible.

4 Sets are needed. Lead time is 4 - 5 days, If you are seriously interested please put your name down below and PM me and I will inform Adam and also let you know further details.

:)

Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fantastic, Just waiting on others, I will update and hopefully we can get the ball rolling and make confirmations with them on monday.

·
Registered
631 Posts
fullycracked-im in the same situation as dubprince. i have a set of bbs lm reps 18" which i would like in silver chrome if its possible. any chance you can pm me any inof on getting these wheels done. £250 seems very reasonable

·
Registered
236 Posts
Manny- cheers for the pm dude...i contacted Adam at Aerocoat just 5mins ago and he said the following:

Both the new chrome shiny powdercoat and the black chrome powdercoat is £250 inc. delivery back to us and the VAT.

This is for us guys running the 18" LM reps- the whole wheel done in the same finish minus the centre caps (they're plastic anyway).

the courior they use is RDM who are based in Norwich:

http://www.rdmdistribution.com/about/index.php

They said they charge £24 for 4 wheels to be delivered and what they do is work as fast as possible getting the wheels finished, Adam mentioned that if the wheels arrive (WITHOUT TYRES) on the monday they'll be out to you for the saturday...

They prefer the wheels without tyres, i normally get charged about £5 per tyre removed at a local place...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts