Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Righto, after having my old Avus 2 alloys on ebay twice before in auctions, ending with buyers, and then both times just not receiving any contact form the winning bidder I thought I'd try my luck again.

Put them on the bay again for a fixed price, which someone has bought via the Buy It Now option.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200016018964&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=010

They bought the item at 8.07pm on saturday, and I was online at 8.30pm and noticed they had sold, so sent an invoice off straight away asking for payment.

I still have not heard anything from the buyer!

I am not posting them, so pick up is what I'd expect; so given that I am in West Yorkshire, and they are in London (according to their profile), and that they have no feedback, and only joined on the 3rd August......do you think its a serious bid, or just some to**er having a laugh!!

Should I report them to ebay as a non-paying buyer?
How long should I give them to get in contact before I report them?

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
File a NPB form against them straight away. If they are genuine they will get back to you. If you get no contact in 7/10 days you will be granted a FVF and you can readvertise. I still think its hassle you have to go through all this just because some oxygen thief wants to waste your time. I'd relist them straight away and tell him to sod off if you do hear back, which by the sounds of it I doubt you will.

Might I suggest you set your profile in the future up to not allow people with no history. Saves alot of hoax bidding from braindead chumps that think its clever to mess people about.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think you've gotta leave it at least a week until you can report them. I had the same when selling my car. Pain in the arse it was. The best bet, for future reference, is to add the IF they have less than 10 feedback, then unless they contact you, their bids will be cancelled.

You'll probably find it was a scammer or someone with wheels similar to yours who are trying to sell theirs, and they where using a duff account. OR, some dozy arse who realised they cant really afford to pay for what they bought!

As I say, you've gotta give them a week or so before you can report them

Good luck next time mate

Paul

·
Registered
586 Posts
It may just be someone having a laugh but I think realistically you would have to give them about a week. I know its a pain but I think you have to give people the benefit of the doubt. They may not have the opportunity to get on the internet much or may be inexperienced but for the item to be won on Saturday night and you to report them on Monday morning would be a bit unfair imo.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Call them up or find the phone number out using direct enquiries.

If they dont contact you or respond, File a NPB and post them a Turd in a box.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
FVF = FINAL VALUE FEE

You have to give them 7days grace before ebay will allow you to report them regarding "non payment"

Its best to state in the auction "Payment is to be received within 3 days of the auction ending, unless otherwise agreed."

I've sold stuff before on the weekend & the buyer has asked if its ok to send payment midweek, which is cool by me, the important thing is they made contact.

As also said, its best to put that if they have less than 10 feedback they must 1st make contact, other wise you'll cancel their bids.

·
Registered
305 Posts
That Buy It Now price is bloody good value... I'd have snappped your hand off for them at that price if you lived a bit nearer or offered courier delivery !!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dieselinside - if this buyer turns out to be a turd, they're yours if you wanna organise a courier, or I could meet you somewhere halway if you're not that far away?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Unfortunately I'm miles away (Suffolk - East Anglia...) but I'll look into a courier, and see if we have any of our lorries going up there soon. How much tread do the tyres have?

Sod's law that i replaced the tyres on my steelies literally the day before i saw this thread... Tyres are probs a diff size... Oh well, thats life :(

Might even get some financial help from parents (exam results came out today! :D )

Cheers

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you do organise a courier and are still interested, the 2 better tyres have 7.5 - 8mm left, the 2 worst ones have 3.6 - 4mm left and the spare has 7mm on it.

Tyres are all 195/65/15 Continental's

·
Registered
4 Posts
If i was you send them a email and state if you do not make contact with me in the next 7 days ref payment. Then i will report you as a non paying bidder.

Then if no answer open up a non paying bidder report and this will open a dispute if they don't get back tou you in a certain time you can close the dispute which will give them a mark against them.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If i was you send them a email and state if you do not make contact with me in the next 7 days ref payment. Then i will report you as a non paying bidder.
Already have!

Still no response, so if I dont hear from them tomorrow (7th day after they 'bought' them) then I'm filing a NPB report and relisting my alloys, as I had other people interested first time round - and hopefully still will be!

Can you make it so that they cant buy (in a buy it now auction) unless they have a rating? or if they do click the Buy It Now button, can I cancel their buying?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts