Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting one in a few weeks, my car is black magic with slight spidering, not too much swirls. Visible in strong sunlight though which is very annoying. I basically want to restore the finish.

Thinking of ordering:

PC with Sonus pads kit.

SFX 1, 2 and 3.

Anyone got any feedback on these?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Tabs wasn't convinced with the SFX from what I remember, you may want to try the Megs #80 and #83, then some NXT & P21S.

I used the #80 and #83 on mine and a friend black 3 series and that looked very good.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Avoid the SFX 1 and 2 compounds if your paint work is heavily marred (or plan to use it on paintrowk that is)

I'm looking for some stronger compound, I hear the poor Boys SSR series is quite good, with most opting for SSR 2.5.

I did a neighbours Mondeo over the weekend - paint was heavily scratched from years of abuse through car washes etc. I used SFX 1 and all it did was just remove some light scratches and polish up the surface, almost like a glaze would....

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should i just go for the DAS kit then Carlos?

Where can i get those meguiars products from and prices?

Thanks [:D]

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tabs, Could you let me know how it goes with the SSR? Is it available to buy in this country?

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I can recommend poorboys SSR range. Any real scratches will probably require SSR3 to remove them.

Most products available seem to be light on abrasives. SFX products are a waste of time.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
John,

PM me with it and the prices i will recieve after using it [:D]

I will probably order it tonight.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Also don't forget when using the PC to put a litt masking tape on the black rubbers - you can get some low tack stuff from B&Q which is perfect. Saves putting any marks on them.

J.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also don't forget when using the PC to put a litt masking tape on the black rubbers - you can get some low tack stuff from B&Q which is perfect. Saves putting any marks on them.

J.
Plus it'll make me look like a car cleaning fetishist to the neighbours [:D]

·
Registered
21 Posts

J.
Definitely... I was too lazy to do this and my window rubbers are still a mess over a month later... and that's after putting allsorts of different stuff on them to get it off.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I found that one of the best things to try using to get rid of marks on the rubber and plastic bumpers is the Autoglym Bumper Care gets rid of most polish, etc marks

·
Registered
3,596 Posts

J.
Definitely... I was too lazy to do this and my window rubbers are still a mess over a month later... and that's after putting allsorts of different stuff on them to get it off.
Use Quick detailer on them, it should remove any excess with a problem.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts

J.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts

J.
Peanut butter works a treat.. seriously !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts