303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got it through yesterday.

Was 563.95

Offering 586.00.

Disgusting. I've been with them a year.

1.6 SE 16v, well look at my sig.

Minor Accident over 3.5 years ago.

3 points SP30 a little over 3 years ago.

Me main driver (25yo), GF additional (26yo clean licence).

3 years NCB.

So how????!!!

Anyone got any advice? Change companies?

Cheers

Iain

·
Registered
712 Posts
Get another quote online which will no doubt be a lot less, and then call them and ask them to match it.. otherwise try shopping around - avoid confused.com as their prices are always higher than if you were to go direct with insurance companies themselves!

Good luck!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Avoiding Confused then. Though strangely I found Admiral from them last year!!

I tried Greenlight the other month, but it wasnt much difference.

Brentacre? Will try now.

Thanks.

·
Registered
689 Posts
My circumstances are pretty much the same as yours iain, but i have a mk5 GTTDI (Group 13), ?620 with adrian flux

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Quote: posted by MikeP on 05/04/2005 13:33:39

Get another quote online which will no doubt be a lot less, and then call them and ask them to match it..

I'd 2nd that, just change your DOB by a month so the systme lets you get a new quoe, you will find it comes out substantially cheaper and they WILL match it!!! [:D]

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just done what you said golfturbo and have managed to get ?163 off!!

So what do I do now? Call up Admiral and say they have quoted me cheaper online?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Greenlight wouldnt quote me as its not modified. So they directed me to Direct Choice, but they are more than my orginal Admiral quote.

Anywhere else?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Quote: posted by iaincoleman on 05/04/2005 15:25:11

Just done what you said golfturbo and have managed to get ?163 off!!

So what do I do now? Call up Admiral and say they have quoted me cheaper online?

I would call them or just take the online quote [:)]

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Elephant tried to charge me more when the renewal came through than what I paid last year. I did an online quote and it came out cheaper so I rang them up and they agreed to honour it. I also added some modifications and increased my annual mileage by 4,000 and it still worked out cheaper than the renewal! I told them where to go though because Admiral were chreaper this year[:D]

When my renewal comes through from Admiral next year I'll be getting an online quote again and I expect it will be cheaper than the renewal just like Elephant. After all, they are the same company.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just rnag around and Adrian Flux were cheapest with ?403.

Rang Admiral back to change some details of my renewal and tell them that I have a cheaper quote elsewhere.

She said she may not be able to match it, damn right she was! She came back with 527.05!!

So last year its, 563.95.

Renewal, 586.00

Few Changes, 570.25

And then told them about Adrian, and it came in at 527.05.

Hahahaha, see ya later Admiral, Hello Adrian!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, but they were bad!! Another ?100 on top of Admirals!!

Looking at Bell Direct (Admiral group??!!) but they are only 10 months. or Highway through Adrian Flux.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Admiral just did the same thing to me - ?500 for renewal, so went on Elephant - ?300 for exactly the same policy, same company isn't it?...

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Quote: posted by dubbers on 14/04/2005 19:17:41

Admiral just did the same thing to me - ?500 for renewal, so went on Elephant - ?300 for exactly the same policy, same company isn't it?...

Yep - Admiral, Elephant, Bell Direct and Diamond are all the same company, with Admiral being the daddy so they're probably open to negotiation more than the rest.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Admiral fleece alert again!!! Renewal for Golf came thro' the post
yesterday @ ?639[:mad:].... Went on their website, plugged in the
identical details and the resulting quotation was ?456.... How can this
be justified?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Get yourself on www.elephant.co.uk chief!.............CHEAP AS CHIPS! I got a gti golf anniversary and (group 16) and for me (7 yrs no claims) and the bride (driving since april!) it was ?440! the best other quote i got was ?750 at admeral

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry to drag this thread back but i think its time i put in my two pennorth here.

I used to be with Admiral a few years back. Did the usual, on-line quote and signed up no problem. Come renewal time, they price had gone up over ?200 (on an ?800 or so policy). I went back on-line and was quoted a price cheaper than my renewal by some ?50 or so.

Called them up and got told the cheaper on-line price was "because i'd done all of the spadework myself" i.e. Inputted all my details. So i cancelled my existing policy and started a new one at the same time.

Next year renewal came out. Again, over ?200 up on the previous years price. Went online and found out that the website had been changed so current customers had to contact them on the phone to get a price. Checked out the Bell Direct website (part of the Admiral group) and got a quote over ?250 cheaper than the renewal cost. Cancelled my policy with Admiral and got the infamous "we could've matched that price" line. I think they were stumped when i asked why i didn't get their best price first.

Anyway, renewal time at Bell Direct and guess what? ?200 on top of the previous year. Asked them why and was told it was the general state of the insurance market. Told them i'd think about it.

Got a quote from Egg. Knocked another ?75 off the previous years premium and signed up straight away. Called Bell and told them if the market was that bad, how come i'd saved a packet via Egg? No repsponse.

Verdict? Check everything with Admiral / Bell Direct / Elephant. If there claims dept is as bad as there renewals dept then i wouldn't want a shunt whilst insured by them.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yep - Admiral, Elephant, Bell Direct and Diamond are all the same company, with Admiral being the daddy so they're probably open to negotiation more than the rest.
First time I asked Admiral for a quote the other day they were able to pull up all my details from Elephant who I was with 2 years ago[:O]

Cant understand why people get big differences between all these companies unless they target different age ranges of drivers

Admiral and Elephant only viable option here in N. Ireland [:(]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.