Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, ive just bought two near new bora alarm key fobs, but how do i tell the car that these two remotes are what i want it to recognise, not the older ones that i have?, ive carefully opened up the key part, and transferred the transponder from the old scratched housing to the new key fob, and then i removed the roll pin which holds the key blade and transferred that as well, it looks all new now!!!!, wicked!!!, i checked to see if the keys would start the car and they did, so all i need to do now is tell the ecu that ive got new remotes as well, id be grateful if someone could tell me!.

Thanks

Zak

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No both the `key blades` and the transponders work, as theyve been swapped into new `plastic` keyfob covers, but as the remote part is new as well i need to somehow tell the ecu that it has to act on the new keyfob buttons?, if that makes sense?, basically, ive got two remote keyfobs with the car, when you split them in half youre left with the key blade and a remote part, which you use to remotely open and close the car, so if you take the key blade part and then mate it with a new remote fob, obviously you need to somehow tell the ecu that it can now accept the new remote fobs instructions to open or close the car, i did remember that someone on this forum said that you leave one key in the drivers door, and one in the ignition, then you do something, and it will code in the new remote, but i cant find it in the searches or remeber who wrote the thread, please help!

Thanks

Zak

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, will try it tomorrow!, hope it works as ive got two remote fobs to tune in.

Thanks

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi , very happy as ive just added the two new bora keyfobs to my golf, and the boot release works!!!, well it unlocks the boot lock, all i need now is the mechanism from a bora to pop it open as well and hey presto!!!, the way i coded the alarm fobs in was this way:

open the car

put one key in the ignition and turn it on so that the dash lighs come on, dont turn the car over!

then open the drivers side window

close the door

put the other key in the drivers door and lock the car

then press the unlock button on the new fob twice, but give it a 1 second gap before pressing it a second time

on the second press the alarm siren will chirp once .

thats it !, open the drivers side door with the key , then remove the ignition key and its coded!

the bora fob is great as when the cars locked you can open the boot seperately from the fob, which deactivates the alarm allowing you to open the boot, then when you close the boot it arms itself by itself after 30 seconds, neat hey?, and you dont need to change any convienence module or anything else, ive got the wiring diagram for the boot release module fitted to a bora , and as far as i can see it only needs the bora boot release module, after a bit of fiddling, i,ll have this fitted and hey presto , a boot which pops open !!![:D]

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi David, the problem with that one youve seen on ebay is the 1K0 part number, open yours in half and tell me what the part number is , you need a part number that matches the frequency of your remote as well as the part number being nearly identical, its such an easy mod to add the bora remote, its unreal, also when the cars locked you can press the boot release button which then deactivates the alarm and allows you to open the boot then when you close the boot , it straight away rearms itself and the indicators flash!!!!.

Zak

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Cheers i'll have a look, mine's from '99 model and I believe the frequency is different on those, 433 instead of 434?

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Dave, the transmitter will either be 315?, or 434 mhz, they round it off to the nearest frequency.

Thanks zak

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Couldn't get the key apart! Anyone have more info on the older style keys, the more rounded ones with the plastic key ring hook in the corner rather than the metal loop, like this one.

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dave, if you look at the back of your keyfob, in the middle there will be a slot where a flat bladed screwdriver can fit, push the flat bladed screwdriver in the gap and twist it slightly and the two halves will slide apart.

Zak

·
Registered
100 Posts
Couldn't get the key apart! Anyone have more info
on the older style keys, the more rounded ones with the plastic key
ring hook in the corner rather than the metal loop,
this one
Just popped mine open which is from a '99 1.8na. It has the following hieroglyphics:

HLO 1JO 959 753 A

Hella SFA 8137-00 433MHz

Looks like an interesting mod. Nice work.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Morse , do you have the same keyfob as Dave?
I believe so but I don't know how many variations there are. Mine is
the old type, two button fob - in fact it looks the same as the one in
Dave's ebay piccie [:)]

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Couldn't get the key apart! Anyone have more info on the older style keys, the more rounded ones with the plastic key ring hook in the corner rather than the metal loop, like this one.
Just popped mine open which is from a '99 1.8na. It has the following hieroglyphics:

HLO 1JO 959 753 A
Hella SFA 8137-00 433MHz

Cheers, I presume mine is the same then.

HL0 1J0 959 753 AG is 434MHz, does anyone know if that will work on my car?

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As far as i know 433 is the SAME as 434 they sometimes round it up, if i remeber correctly mine was 433.92mhz 434 for short!

Zak

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Worth a try then, can always sell it on if it's not the right version, do you know what the difference is between the 1J0 and 1K0 part numbers?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts