Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can I add to my petrol to get a little more bhp before RR the car???

Now I dont mean milliars additive - something more like Rocket fuel!

Any suggestions? And where can I get the stuff??

What quantities do I add it to the petrol?

Cheers again

Martyn

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol m8....

You would get shot over here doing that!!!

Come on...... I know some of you guys do this....

Even for drag racing... what do you add?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Just had a Google - there's some stuff called Nitrox Street Legal Octane boost - claims to add 20 points to the rating of Super Unleaded..

HTH

Allan

·
Registered
285 Posts
I remember a mate of mine chucked a bottle of Nitrox Hot Shot Octane booster into his car and it did make a difference. But then again it did say add 1 bottle to a full tank and he had about ?5 worth of petrol in the car [:D]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Get some standard petrol and stop cheating [;)]

octane boost is best ive found have used while driving on the road , and let ya car cool down before you go on the rollers

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
I thought Tuolene was some sort of paint stripper/white spirity type stuff?

I have heard street racers using it, but have heard that u should be cautious using it because it can damage plastics/fuel pumps etc etc. Dunno how true it is
It's a striper for Hammerite finish paints. Wilko used to get it from a paint supplier as its quite widely used in the manufacture of most paints.

Its safe to use about 10% mix in a tank. Anymore than that an your asking for issues with cold starts etc. F1 cars ran on 80% mix during the 80's but the tanks had to be heated to get the fuel to combust.

It's good stuff. Believe me.

If you can't get hold of it just run a full bottle of millers in half a tank. That makes a noticable difference to pickup. I've been there and done it and it does work... how do you think I wooped that AmD 300 converted car at the PVW shootout [;)]

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
10% toluene (any good industrial paint supplier)

5% methanol (model shops) runs at 1/2 the af ratio of petrol so 5% is well within normal adaption.

millers in less than 1/2 tank.

all ad about 2-3 octane points each.

Optimax + all of the above will give you 105+ron (100 octane)

Probably not good on every tankfull, but good for a laugh.

And oh yeh. Don't drink any of it, and wear gloves whilst handling.

·
Registered
571 Posts
You could just buy some of the 104 octane racing fuel?? Dunno if they supply it, but JBS do have a poster of it on their workshop wall.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
My mate sells it... BSMotorsport...... they buy it in barrels so you will have to decant it 105 octain race fuel... ran my car on it on the way to le'man one year... makes a hell of a difference!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

5% methanol (model shops) runs at 1/2 the af ratio of petrol so 5% is well within normal adaption.

Sooo when I lob my ?50 of optimax in my tank I pour in 5-6 litres of Toluene 2ltrs of methanol all washed down with a bottle of millers?

·
Registered
811 Posts

Sooo when I lob my ?50 of optimax in my tank I pour in 5-6 litres of Toluene 2ltrs of methanol all washed down with a bottle of millers?
You shouldnt drink and drive geeba, personally would use bud, millers is a great beers, but bud is the king of bears and the beer of kings!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts