· VR6 GT35 4mo
11,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,426 ·

· Registered
1,601 Posts
Sooo, let's go...

Fitted the washer bottle, just like the MK5 one:
20210109_163752 by Adam Forbes, on Flickr
Can of Irn Bru above sitting ready to fill the washer bottle? Knew the Scots loved the stuff, didn't realise it was multi-purpose.

Tidied up:
Think the picture(s) were missed off this post, unless they just didn't load for me.

Progress is looking good, can't wait to see it driving. Shame about the old daily, at least the replacement is nice and tidy.

· Registered
11,653 Posts
dude you didn't joke about with the brake upgrade! I was looking at the audi q7 brakes on the v10tdi and they are seriously big... (same found on the vw touareg v10tdi) but i don't have a vag project car just yet...but probably will have one soon as I'm seriously looking for one.

· VR6 GT35 4mo
11,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,432 ·
It's surprising that no-one (that I can see) has done this before. All of it is off the shelf parts that marry up very well. No fancy adapters - just big washers.

The fronts were similar - just a bit of 25mm solid bar that was drilled out.

So the fronts were 376mm Jaguar XF discs, rears are 335mm Audi A8 discs.

Hopefully they feel okay pedal wise, but it should be okay.

· Registered
11,653 Posts
it's because people aren't looking into what is needed if they can't find a pre-made caliper carrier... but yeah i agree with you it's one of the easiest things to just look around at what is used on other cars and if it can be fitted with a few simple modifications...

Hence the reason why i pointed out what i believe to be an easy bolt on mod from the vag stable and from what i saw the brake fluid reservoir on both are almost the same size as on the mk4 golf... butthe jaguar ones are bigger i just checked... a whole 18mm difference vs 358 on the touareg v10 tdi

· Registered
Golf V6 4Motion
35 Posts
Can't beat a pork knuckle from there, unreal scran. My family are all a bunch of miserable Germans so we're in there constantly. If you're going anywhere in the south east of Germany or even into Czechia expect the same food

· Registered
1.8t Bora
44 Posts
Mate ive just spent an hour reading this entire thread, what a build cant wait to see what happens next. I really want some of those cluster mods but ive only got a half fis bora 1.8t speedo with a faded screen ahah.

· Registered
2002 vw GTI 1.8t apr tuned
2 Posts
Hey Adam thanks for getting back to me about that secondary air delete that would be awesome if you could do that I’m in the US is a 2002 Volkswagen GTI 1.8 T is fully APR tuned. I hope that doesn’t make a difference we did a complete essay I delete and I’ve been stuck with the check engine light for the secondary air and I wanna get rid of it

· VR6 GT35 4mo
11,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,439 ·
This isn't dead.

Managed to find time to eat:

335mm rear brakes mounted up and STOCK handbrake cables fitted with plenty of slack:

Polybushed diff with Black Series, the subframe with Black Series. Arms are all purples to try and retrain some comfort:

Brakes and clutch bled up:
20221009_173903 by Adam Forbes, on Flickr

1421 - 1440 of 1451 Posts