1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys this happened this morning

obviously its the other car fault

she hit a cyclist, hit a curv and hit my car, lucky

now the funny thing was she tried to drive off.. lucky i went outside to check n i stopped her

called the police n got all the details i need

im going to my garage tomorrow and tell them about the accident and i would like them to replace the bumper with genuine part this time with other party cost

what should i tell them? what do i do now>?

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
well its hard to see from the pic,

if she tried to drive off i would see if she is insured, and if the car is then make sure she's insured to drive it,

failing that, pic doesnt show damage so guess its just a bumper

factor an hour to fit plus paint then the bumper itself, if she goes through ins they make ake you repair the bumper with fusor, as the bumpers are approx £400 and they will give up to £200 to repair it, you cant force the insurance to replace the bumper

hth jake

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got her insurace details n the police got involved aswell.. 50 took her details and gave it to me

now the bumper is fibre glass,, n its in pieces, few ukmk4 members have seen it and said it needed replacing becuase theres cracks everywhere, what if it unrepairable jake>?

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
well thats the predicament, if the bumper is fibreglass why should the insurance replace it with genuine??? thats what they will argue also, they may make you pay the difference for the genuine article or filing that back to standard, would you be happy with the same bumper being fitted back on?

fibreglass is quite easily repairble due to what it is, just depends upon the repairer and if it goes through ins

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
ok guys this happened this morning

obviously its the other car fault

she hit a cyclist, hit a curv and hit my car, lucky

now the funny thing was she tried to drive off.. lucky i went outside to check n i stopped her

called the police n got all the details i need

im going to my garage tomorrow and tell them about the accident and i would like them to replace the bumper with genuine part this time with other party cost

what should i tell them? what do i do now>?
Some people are just low lives, was the cyclist ok?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well thats the predicament, if the bumper is fibreglass why should the insurance replace it with genuine??? thats what they will argue also, they may make you pay the difference for the genuine article or filing that back to standard, would you be happy with the same bumper being fitted back on?

fibreglass is quite easily repairble due to what it is, just depends upon the repairer and if it goes through ins
ok cheers jake

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Contact her insurer directly and report the claim as a 'no fault claim' on your behalf. Write this on every document you receive.

By going directly to her insurer, you save the complications with your own no claims bonus. I've helped two other people to claim through other parties in this way.

Wigster.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts