Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken my car to VW and they've told me the ABS pump has had it's day and needs replacing.

They want £650 at a discounted price just for the part! They have also given me a part number 1J0698217A I can't seem to find this part at any breakers which seems odd as there's quite a few golf's in breakers now days, especially the age of my car. W reg 2000.

As VW supplied this part number I believe this is the current number and this may be different to the one on my car. How do I go about finding the number from the one that's currently on the car without stripping it all down, is there a way?

Any help appreciated

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had the exact same problem.

Look on ebay for the abs pump I got one for £25 including P&P, its worth a look.

My VW dealership also gave me a slightly different part number. To find it just pop the bonet and have a look on your ABS pump (back right) mine had a sticker on it showing the part number. Simples.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Did they mention if the new pump would need programming in? Mines arrived Im going to fit it but, not sure if its going to need programming in. Let me know how yours works out.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can only see the part number for the control unit not for the actual pump.

Is there an easy way of finding the part number for the pump?

The part number above the one VW has given me seems to be a new part number, the breakers seem to think and they've advised me to get the one off my car

·
Registered
67 Posts
Im guessing again but I think if you get someone with etka they will be able to tell you which part numbers will be compatible with your car.

I was just about to fit my new pump but then read a thread about swapping the 3 green 30A fuses above the 12v battery Actually cant believe it but it has worked!!! No annoying beeping or ABS light!!!

Id give that a try before you do try get hold of a pump

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried all of this and it's the pump, bad times.

Managed to locate one for £100 but what a ball ache finding the correct part, but worth it I suppose as VW wanted £650 just for the part! With a surcharge on aswell

·
Registered
2 Posts
can you tell me what was the part number that was on the pum that you took of your car? did the number match the 1J0698217A or was it another one?

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts