Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I was driving down the street in my car today and the abs light came on and stayed on the dash, took it to the garage I use regulaly and they scanned it. the fault that came up was:

Abs Hydralic Pump - Signal Out of Tolerance

Can anyone shed some light on what this means and is there anything i can check before i take the car back on thursday, i have already checked all the fuses and they cleared the fault but as soon as a drove off the same fault came back up (got it scanned again to check). Have a funny feeling this is gonna be expensive if its gonna cost to much a think its by by bora!!

Paul

·
Registered
100 Posts
mines the same m8 got myself another abs pump fort it would be a easy fix

but NO vw's gotta go on vag com too get it pressure bleeded

i got a m8 doing mine 80quid fitted and bleeded with vag com ;-)

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where did u get one for ?80, can't find any that look in good enough condition that cost less then a couple of hundred quid? Is it a definate change of the pump required or are u not sure?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Al get back to you as soon as i find out, a havent looked today coz the light has gone off, had it scanned and theres now no fault showing am completely stumped.

If the part numbers are slightly different will it not work, have i got to have the exact same part number for it to work

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.