[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

18 x 8 Vison Motorsport DTMs with 225/40/18 Goodyear Egale F1 GSD3s

The tyres are just unbelievable. All the hype is accurate - they have literally transformed the handling, its completely different to drive. I can corner at least 10MPH faster than before, and this time without any squeal - they just inspire confidence. If you don't have them yet, get them.

Thanks to Chris (for showing me them), Shaun at The Alloy Wheel Centre, Rugeley (top bunch of lads) and Roy for buyng my old wheels and letting me lose in his R.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Car looks fantastic mate! Been waiting to see some pics of the Moderators cars! Love the wheels, are they 18"!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote: posted by MattyV5 on 08/08/2004 14:33:10

i got them wheels, but mine aren't shiney/polished like urs.

Looks sweet mate, bravo !

They aren't really polished...I know what you mean though, I noticed in the store that the finish is quite different to the 19" version. They are flatter and more RS4 like. The crease on the spoke also dissapears about 1/3rd in, whereas on the 17" and 18" version it goes right to the centre. Really weird that.

Im really chuffed with them, give it a kind of OEM+ look

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Glad you finally got there in the end Mike!, they look perfect IMO, you definately made the best choice mate, looking very OEM+ and the ride height doesnt look too bad with them either

Thumbs up from me!! [:D][:D]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
About time too, indeed!!!

Very nice set of rims there mate!!

Looking very clean and subtle, so what's next? Lower her?

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys, I am really pleased with the look. Some of my friends who aren't into these things can't tell a difference, which is what I wanted - to the untrained eye, something that could be standard.

Next on the list? I can't decide. I was gonna do the suspension but its really not that bad as it is in person, and the handling is vastly improved on these tyres. So I may go remap or R32 ARBs first. What do you think?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Mike, love the understated look. Not being funny right, but never thought the Porsche wheels would go with the Bora, it needed something like what you got.

F1 Eagles good eh? U tried any round abouts yet? heheheh

1 - 20 of 42 Posts