Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about quality, it was sent to me by someone with a .5M pixel camera...what are they about!?! [;)]

To me, it's poo. Audi's don't get Lexus lights...it's a simple but effective unwritten rule. The wheels are just too in your face and are something like you'd see on a chavved up 92 Civic saloon.

But hey, you may see it differently!

Posted Image

·
Registered
69 Posts
There's an A3 on 19s in my road. The owner says it came with them
and to look at, they just blend in so well. The one above is
sitting too high, and the wheels really do clash badly.

As someone's sig on here says, if you want Lexus lights, buy a Lexus. I'm off to take photos of the A3!

·
Registered
692 Posts
I thought the pics of the 2nd A3 were funny until I scrolled down and saw the lambo doors! Hilarious! [:D]

Oh, and the first one looks tat as well!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
That looks vaguely like a jacked-up Corrado with a hint of Rinspeed Chopster (flattened Porsche Cayenne, bit like the Beetle Ragster concept).

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
The scissor door A3 is truly a waste of time and money, I can't work out how anyone thought that was a good idea.
They thought that because they a bunch of 'tards and clearly devoid of the ability to conduct rational thought.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I dont see anything wrong with the top one apart from it needing to be lowered, you cant see very clearly that they are lexus lights on the back either they just look clear to me.

People could think exactly the same of yours Irish actually they probably do.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
People could think exactly the same of yours Irish actually they probably do.
Eh sorry my car doesn't look like a chav mobile...and my car is OEM. Clear or Lexus lights is not the point, they don't belong on an Audi.

And yesterday I actually got out of my car when stopping to collect someone, I thought maybe someone had written something with a key on one of the panels there were that many people looking at/admiring it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I don't think the blue at the top looks that bad really. OK, the lights need to go but I like the wheels and they suit the car imho and it just needs lowering now to loose that 4x4 look.

Irish, your A3 looks great btw, the challenges really do suit it! However, as Walrus says, there probably are people out there who don't agree. It's just peoples opinions and everyone had one!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's cool but IMO you'd have less reason to say anything about my car...the only thing that isn't a factory extra are the CHs and even then, Audi get BBS to produce a CH wheel for them there is just no 'motorsport' inscription.

Numerous times I have come back to my car in a car park etc only to find somone stopping and looking at my car and then ask where I got the wheels from when they see my opening it.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Hey fella if you cant take the criticism then dont start talking down other people's cars it is only my opinion at the end of the day.

Jeez

People have given negative critism to my car and I dont tell them they are wrong I try to understand where there coming from and accept that as there opinion chill out.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The use of "chill out" is cropping up all too often on this site lately...I am perfectly chilled thanks!

I'm not saying you're wrong either.

A lot of people here seem to like CHs (enough people have bought them) so I really don't feel like you've criticised me at all.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Woop Tee Doo then

But I beleive you are wrong in your comment that the car at the top is Chav another over used word bar the lights his car is not dis-similar to yours, at the end of the day if people dont experiment then there would be no modifying scene which ever way you approach it. Really you are both similar and of the same mindset in that you want to improve in your eyes the look of your car just that you have made a decision to approach it in a different way.

If you disagree with this statement are you then saying that people should suppress how they express them selves as that would make for a maybe peacefull world but a very dull one.

Ta ta for now.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I think the wheels on the first A3 really suit the car but it could do with lowering. I'll reserve judgement on the rear lights as I can't see them properly in that pic.

Gotta agree with Walrus too, there's very little difference between the approah taken on that A3 and Irish's.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I don't think the first A3 is particulary bad at all. A lot of people like me have to buy one thing at a time, so you'd start off with wheels, which to some people are a full months wages (thought I doubt it for a new A3 owner) but still a good chunk of cash. Then you might wait a couple of months and get the lowering springs and stick them on. As for the lights, its not clear that they are lexus lights, they just look like clear lights to me and I have always thought clear lights look good on blue cars (ok, so I like red in them aswell, I'm thinking of Dannyboy's car here which IMO looks spot on).

To come to Irish's defense he hasn't called the car chavved, just said the wheels look as if they have come from a chavved car. To add fuel to the fire, my wheels on my car are seen on plenty of Max Power featured cars, and I'm 100% positive that somewhere there is a car with max power stickers etc all over it that will have CH's on it. So what are we going to all do? Run to our cars and quickly put it up on bricks incase someone see's our wheels that are also on a maxxed out pimped up stylee car?

I've had this argument a few times on here and I never seem to win it! The only difference between Irish's car and the other car mentioned is the other car has clear lights and a different kind of aftermarket wheel. The similarties are they both like the same car, both like obviously looking after their cars, just 2 very slightly different approaches. As for the factory stuff, factory stugg can be seen as boring, easy, no input from the owner etc. I have a lot of respect for those who do get involved with 'pimping their ride' etc. In fact, a hell of a lot of respect. Take the picture below for instance, a LOT of care and attention to detail has gone into this, not to mention the amount of time, blood sweat and tears. It also has lexus lights....so is it a chav on an estate doing this work?!

Posted Image

If every max power kid went out bought CH's or RS's or whatever, we'd then moan about that and find a new wheel to be 'seperated from the chav's.

Car modding is like art, you have a wide variety of it. Some Art I can see the point in, abstract art...what's that about?! I don't however go round ridiculing those people who go to abstract art conventions because I don't see the point. (I don't go to any type o art conventions by the way!)

This isn't a pop at you Irish, it's just something I feel strongly about....it seems that because we are OEM it gives us the righ to ridicule anyone who has taken a different approach. Yes some cars ARE laughable, the A3 at the top though, don't see anything wrong with it the slightest.

Long rant over.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts