Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now i have just took the link that soem one posted on my web site coupe-club.co.uk (i used to own a megane sorry)

Now this is a seriously past A3 or is it a S3?? May be the saxos badged up as a VTS and its a 1.4? LOL

Enjoy - Dangerous driving IMO

http://media.putfile.com/saxovsaudi

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Pretty Irresposible, racing through the Town, I am no hipocrite and would do the same just not on roads that busy.

Its not an S3 as it doesnt ahvae recaros and it has 5 doors

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
wether it was an A3 or an S3 of which it def isnt

utter lack of respect for other road users's

and prob brag's to his mates he wasted a saxo .....big deal ....... what a bleep bleep ..........

and he even slows down to wait for him ....lol....

wonder what he would do if some thing did put up a worth wild fight ..lol

personaly i wouldnt waste my fuel on a silly saxo .........lol

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
doesnt really take a quick car to beat a saxo vts either...
I hate to say it it does take a quick car to have a VTS, they are very
Quick as standard, that however was a VTR, plus the stupid exaust and
filter have probaly robbed it of power

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its crazy racing like that on 30mph roads! The guys are off their heads!
yer to be hinest i do plip the throttle when its safe to do so on the motor day etc etc over 60.

30 zone madess must have eign doin 60/70 imagien if a kid had ran out ;-(

·
Registered
927 Posts
I hate to say it it does take a quick car to have a VTS, they are very Quick as standard, that however was a VTR, plus the stupid exaust and filter have probaly robbed it of power
vtr!...even worse!

its prob me then, but 8s for 0-60, and 125max in a vts doesnt set my world alight!

dont get me wrong, im not anti citroen!, on the contary i worked for them for 15 years

but they dont make jaw dropping cars sadly.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hate to say it it does take a quick car to have a VTS, they are very Quick as standard, that however was a VTR, plus the stupid exaust and filter have probaly robbed it of power
VTS Badges..... 16v on rear 1/4 and rear head rests = VTS. Could be a vtr not that it matters

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Now ive seen videos of cars running on motorways, but that is absolutely insane. I hope he finds himself wrapped round a tree before he kills someone the prat.

VTR, not quick at all...... VTS's on the other hand are, upto about 80. They weigh nothing remember, i got my ass handed to be on a plate when i had the 150 1.8T. Saying that, slower or not, i know which id prefer to be in if i hit something.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Have to say, I was watching that with teeth clenched! Was expecting a head on collision any second. Silly boys with bad attitudes towards other road users.

Not that it matters but....its was a VTS and the Audi was an A3 1.8T quattro sport, would need to be to pull away from a VTS like that, but definately not an S3.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Have to say, I was watching that with teeth clenched! Was expecting a head on collision any second. Silly boys with bad attitudes towards other road users.

Not that it matters but....its was a VTS and the Audi was an A3 1.8T quattro sport, would need to be to pull away from a VTS like that, but definately not an S3.
And a silly boy who has his face, car and accent plastered all over the
internet. Oh how good would it be for him to get done in that manner.

Audi sounds definately as tho its chipped at least, especially the rate he's pulling away.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Now ive seen videos of cars running on motorways, but that is absolutely insane. I hope he finds himself wrapped round a tree before he kills someone the prat.

VTR, not quick at all...... VTS's on the other hand are, upto about 80. They weigh nothing remember, i got my ass handed to be on a plate when i had the 150 1.8T. Saying that, slower or not, i know which id prefer to be in if i hit something.
I'm ashamed to say I once owned a VTS and did have a collision in it. You are right, very thin bodyshell, NO abs/traction, very light and cheap interiors. Put me off buying a french car again.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Bits of the video that worried me/made me laugh:

0:26 - The Saxo nearly loses it into the curb.

0:32 - Either severe braking from some innocent person's car or wheelspin.

1:05 - Driving right up the car in front's arse, woman driving her kids about!

1:40- "You're not kicking his ass as much as I'd expect you would!" Then the driver of the A3 belts it.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
some very silly driving there! and in the 30 zone that is just mad! that A3 seemed to be very quick, deffo a remap had been done, but it seemed much faster than my 1.8t golf chipped. normaly cars dont look that fast when the camera is held in the car but on the a3 it did. not sure what speed the A3 and saxo where goin when they where talking to eachother, but i dont think my car could pull away from a saxo vts like that unless i was in either 3rd going 60ish or 2nd going 40ish and floored it to the red line in those gears. in 4th i would pull away but not that fast.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Both completel bloody morons. Surely that video is enough for a
prosecution - plates visible, clearly doing 50-60 in a 30, just need to
identify the little boys in the Audi and get them sorted too. I drive
too fast at the best of times, but that video is just ridiculous. Its a VTR, check the side badges when he pulls up alongside

PS - all mouth until he pulls along side, and then they are polite!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm ashamed to say I once owned a VTS and did have a collision in it. You are right, very thin bodyshell, NO abs/traction, very light and cheap interiors. Put me off buying a french car again.
The VTS does have abs, they are fairly quick with 0-60 of about 7.4 and 0-100 in about 22ish, I need killed my self in one swerved to avoid hitting some one and went into sign post was lucky that it was later version with side airbags. The VTR is slower but they are both fun to drive.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I disagree mate. I used to drive my missus' and it was very very quick. They are so light they are like motorbikes off the lights, and so by the time anything with a quicker 0-60 time than 7.5 seconds (6.7seconds on ours due to decat and full system) had got out of first gear the Saxo was way in front no problem. You need a very quick car (i.e S3, M3, R32 etc) to beat a VTS and even then the overtake is at the end of the 2nd gear rev range.

I hate Saxo's though !!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Poor and reckless driving id personally over take him and do 20 in the 30 zone just to annoy him.

Its got to be said tho a VTS is a fairly quick car I used to work in a used car place and ive driven quite a lot of different cars and ive got to be honest the vts felt very quick and responsive.

Best has got to be my bosses mid engine mk3 polo 20v that Ian Birch built from dubsport it is an absolutley amasing peice of kit. Been round the top geat track in that when we were at a VW performance mag shoot (bit lairy in the wet thow)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts