threads, I had the idea that maybe we should construct a get well soon
card from all of us at UK-MKIV's and sign it, just like what we'd do
for someone at work! A couple of other folks thought it might be a nice
idea. I'd certainly like to be able to personally tell the chap to get
well soon as he's a star! :)

If we could get a load of
signatures onto it and post it to either the Hospital or maybe to Top
Gear to get them to pass it on. But, it'd take ages, far too long, to
pass a real card round by post, so I've had a better idea!

Here's what I propose.

We
each use MS Paint or something to create a new image and 'sign' our
usernames onto it. Then send that to me and I'll merge em all into one
big image with all of them on there. Then between us we come up with a
quick thought / message from all of us. We could even be really cheeky
and for those of us that have em, stick our XBLive gametags on there
and say something like "You'll probably not want to drive a real car
for a bit, so why not challenge us lot to a bit of PGR3".. should make
him chuckle at least!

I'd say just keep it concise.. just your
username (not your real name!) 'signature', (and type your XBLive
gametag under it ;) so that we can fit as many on as possible. I'll
put em all together, so I'll need them emailed to me. Anyone who's in,
PM me and I'll send you back my email address.

Then we need to think of a nice message for it too.

I
was thinking of just printing that out and sticking it in a normal
card, but Blue V5 suggested we put together a nice UK-MKIV's style
card. That's a very cool idea too! I can't do any of that photoshop and
fancy art stuff. So can anyone else help out there?

PS.. we also need a quick timeframe for this, so I'm saying we probably need to get all the signatures together by Sunday.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
If you would like if u post the card on here I will take it to him as I work at the LGI?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Cool well if people get thier acts together lol I will take it, might just be a case of internal mailing it to his ward as a memo went round today 'highlighting' the need for patient confidentiallity and how it is a sackable offence to look at patient details when its not required, no names mentioned, lol, also said about respecting his privacy but sure I will be allowed to drop a card off....

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have set up a picture hosting account for people to upload their sigs to. Whoever then does the card can download them in one go etc.

http://public.fotki.com/uk-mkivs/

Login : uk-mkivs

Pass : hammond

This image could be appropiate...

Posted Image

With "BEWARE! Low flying jet!" underneath?[:p]

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a good idea too! I'll put the sigs all together btw, so that'd be me :)

Or, if you want my email address to email it to me directly, then sent me a PM and I'll PM you back with it. I'd rather not post my real email address in a public forum! :)

Had 5 PM's so far! Just to explain again.. we're not using real signatures, but using our usernames instead. So I'd open up MS Paint and scrawl 'Union Jack' across it.. and then using the text tool stick my XBox live gametag underneath it, just to be cheeky! Then save it.

When I've got em all, I'll cut em all out and stick em onto one large bitmap which we can use as the inside of the card. I'm not sure what we should do about the card itself. Should we make a bespoke UK-MKIVs one (we'd need someone with a pretty good hand with photoshop and a decent printer for that) Or should I just get a card and stick this lot inside it, then post it?

·
Registered
83 Posts
When I've got em all, I'll cut em all out and stick em onto one large bitmap which we can use as the inside of the card. I'm not sure what we should do about the card itself. Should we make a bespoke UK-MKIVs one (we'd need someone with a pretty good hand with photoshop and a decent printer for that) Or should I just get a card and stick this lot inside it, then post it?
We could with use an image from the calender thread - http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/660035.aspx, with a message on, print it A4 size and then stick all the sigs on the other side and fold in half to make a card?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
The front of the card could be lots of little pictures of all of our cars? I think that'd be good, it'd give him something to look at as he's going to have a long recovery period.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
What sort of size do we need to do our signatures? or will you resize them accordingly?

I think he`d prefer lots of pictures of yellow ferrari`s.

·
Registered
795 Posts
This is probably just me but i can't get my head around what is needed or wehere it needs to be sent(hards days work)

Could someone post a sample of the pic that is needed

Dean

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can put a message in if you like, but keep it as short as poss as we need to stick all of these into the inside of a card

See if we can get this wrapped up by Sunday eve!

For anyone who's confused, we're just opening MS Paint and scrawling our username across it like a signature. Save that new bitmap and email it to me. You'll need my email address, so PM me for that

1 - 20 of 30 Posts