Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow i am going to Jabbasport to have a Jetex filter fitted for 40 quid, as recommended by SteveTDCi. Hopefully it should make the car rev a bit more freely. Maybe it'll be a trip to superchips HQ at the end of the month for a bit more oommmph.

A slow start I know but we all gotta start somewhere...

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Bit of a long drive for an air filter....[;)]

Get them to send it and I'll pop round and fit it for you. I've got a Green filter in mine and it seemed to make the throttle response sharper.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Tomorrow i am going to Jabbasport to have a Jetex filter fitted for 40 quid, as recommended by SteveTDCi. Hopefully it should make the car rev a bit more freely. Maybe it'll be a trip to superchips HQ at the end of the month for a bit more oommmph.

A slow start I know but we all gotta start somewhere...
mate.. are you seriously driving from surrey to peterborough to have an air filter fitted ? I'm assuming the mkv is similar to the iv.. mine just drops into the airbox.. barely a five min job. Honestly mate, do it yourself and save yourself the petrol and mileage [:)]

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Tomorrow i am going to Jabbasport to have a Jetex filter fitted for 40 quid,
DEFINETLY do not drive up for an air filter.

It's like a fitting a new tail light bulb, easiest job in the world!

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know its easy but I also have another appointment in the area - hence the journey. Even though I don't pay for fuel, I certainly wouldn't be driving that way solely for a filter...does that make sense ?

I think the filter itself is 37 quid - and the invoice will be made out to my employer ![:D] so no worries [:D]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I know its easy but I also have another appointment in the area - hence the journey. Even though I don't pay for fuel, I certainly wouldn't be driving that way solely for a filter...does that make sense ?

I think the filter itself is 37 quid - and the invoice will be made out to my employer ![:D] so no worries [:D]
Oh well ya can't say fairer than that then really. yep, makes sense to me anyway.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've gone for the Jetex filter too managed to get a great deal at Edition 38 ?20 for the filter ?4 postage should be with me today so hopefully fit it the weekend [:)]

I've had a slow start to filter, arial, bulbs, phatnoise i'm saving for my body kit parts at the mo then it will be exhaust befor remap.

Chris

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
i know - although the filter + remap to give ( hopefully ) 185-ish will be it. Honest.
Until you come along to the meet at bluewater on sunday and get loads of ideas ! You are comin', aren't you ?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've gone for the Jetex filter too managed to get a great deal at Edition 38 ?20 for the filter

Chris
you are no bloody help !![:D]
Sorry [:$]

What remap you thinking of having? I'm waiting till Revo bring there's out (hopefully November) before i decide.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've gone for the Jetex filter too managed to get a great deal at Edition 38 ?20 for the filter

Chris
you are no bloody help !![:D]
Sorry [:$]

What remap you thinking of having? I'm waiting till Revo bring there's out (hopefully November) before i decide.

Chris
Was thinking Superchips but am also thinking abt OBD2 so maybe its best waiting til November - only 6 weeks anyway. Do you know a "guesstimate" price ?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Was thinking Superchips but am also thinking abt OBD2 so maybe its best waiting til November - only 6 weeks anyway. Do you know a "guesstimate" price ?
Guess were looking at ?499 +VAT same as the PD 150 hope the wait is going to be worth it [:)]

Chris

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hmmm - 140 quid difference...rather in my pocket than theirs IMO. Thats it - I'm off to see if they can fit it when I want it

1 - 20 of 35 Posts