Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right just driven home from my girlfriends house, and noticed my clutch was sitting half way down it's full travel, I pulled it up and it went back down to half it's travel, I can only change gears right at the bottom, what could it be that has caused this? dodgy spring? air in the lines(if it is hydraulic), cable has slipped off something? help would be most welcome ,

many thanks =]

Will

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
Might be a seal in your master cylinder thats failed bud. Look underneath the footwell and see if you can see any leaks.

Peter

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just had a look at it. no leaking, but it is like the spring has come to BDC on the movemnt and there is nothing to push it over that pivot point,half way down the clutch travel. I have checked the fluid level, it is normal.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I had similar it problem went half way for about 20 miles then all the way down and stayed down, had to replace slave cylinder.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh dear:( , how much did the Part cost to replace? How long did it take you to replace or did you send it to a garage?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I think it was around £100 if I wanted just the concentric slave, oil seal, gear oil, labour.

But while it was open I replaced the clutch which was an extra £140

All Genuine parts from VW but a mate owns a garage closer which is where I managed to drive without clutch.

I think he had the car for two days, one to check what was needed the next to obtain from VW and fit.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmmm I will have to have a look tomorrow,I hope I just find a leak in the pipes,easy cheap fix, but knowing my luck it won't be cheap and easy :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts