Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've got a 1999 AGU engine with Upsolute re-map a forge re-circulating valve and a Milltek cat back exhaust, is this mod really worth the money or not!!!
Yes! [:p] In my opinion anyway.

I got mine 2nd hand off GaryM for a good price for my AGU, and it was definitely worth it. Acceleration feels so much smoother, and the extra low down torque makes the car more driveable. You may lose something at the top end (I haven't really noticed), but in day to day driving how many times do you actually take the revs all the way to the redline?

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Faisal is quite right about low down boost, look at my logs for comparison.

I changed back because I didnt want a trade off between lower and higher boost, I want as smooth a map as I can get.

Im very glad you are happy with it though, it did bring a smile to my face when I first fitted it.

·
Registered
942 Posts
can anyone tell me what a N75J is. I have got a 1.8T AGU with APR chip. Will this make the car better below 4,000 rpm ? I am after more torque. How much and how do you do this mod.?

Richy...
Yes this will give you more tourque, and fater up to 4000k. They are around ?35 and take about 10mins to fit.[:D]

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
can anyone tell me what a N75J is. I have got a 1.8T AGU with APR chip. Will this make the car better below 4,000 rpm ? I am after more torque. How much and how do you do this mod.?

Richy...
An N75J valve is a wastegate actuator valve (iirc, correct me if i'm wrong please guys !). It controls the actuator which moves the wastegate. It alters the way that the turbo holds onto boost pressure (again iirc !) It is dead easy to change.

See here on IZVW.. superb page with some great info

http://www.izvw.com/n75j.html

and here on VW roadtrip

http://vwroadtrip.peterbeers.net/GTI/GTI_Mods/N75J/N75J.htm

·
Registered
119 Posts
Can't help but notice your all trying the N75J there are variations of this valve which react very differently with different tuning software ie. Revo, Apr, GIAC, Up etc. They also react differently with the various engine codes, (varying turbos being one of the reasons I assume).

I have been told that Revo works best with the H valve AKA the 'race valve'

Has anyone tried the H valve?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.