Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 298 Posts

·
Bolf since 2012
1,362 Posts
Ok, so this isnt going to be the fastest or most exciting build (theres a lot of really top notch cars on here). So here we go

This is how she looks today

car6.jpg
car3.jpg

car2.jpg
car5.jpg

Not too shabby for £800 hey. Of course the tow bar will be lost soon, and a tidy up is next on the cards. First however is the MOT!!

My plans are to keep it clean and simple, im on a small budget. Nice wheels, drop the suspension (static to start with then to air when i dont have to lug a buggy around) I want to keep it looking as OEM as possible so hidden exhaust system and maybe look to have an ipod lead retro fitted to the standard Gamma ICE.

If anyones got any ideas on wheels let me know. cousin or because i dont know where to begin. Thanks

·
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
2,767 Posts
Hey
Nice car for such a small price!
Like the OEM+ ideas you got, think thats the style atm, and its great

As for wheels, Rota Grid are reet nice
Or OEM Wheels such as Mk6 Talladega, Scirocco Twist wheels or even 4Motion wheels i have [:p]
Good luck, will keep my eye out for progress [:D]

·
Bolf since 2012
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After failing the MOT ive decided to cheer myself up a bit, so i bought this

And some of this

and did this

Whilst on the bay, i also won a (very) cheap set of loweing springs and a Fabia rear wiper.Just wating for a day off so i can get them fitted.

Now ive just got to fit the new Lambda sensor and get a new windscreen. (the cold and snow caused a small chip to turn into a huge crack[whistle] the day before the test[:mad:] )

Then all thats left to do for now is get a new head unit and decide what wheels to get.

Hmmm decisions[:cool:]

·
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
2,767 Posts
Just about to wrap my insides pal!
Unlucky about the MOT, hope it passes mate

Your trim looks tip top in the carbon fiber [Y]

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
good buy for the price i would say mate looks good. i wrapped the interior of mine and it does make a big difference alot better to look at.

used to have vtecs then? cant beat the sound of vtec at 10k. always had hondas before my last golf.

·
Bolf since 2012
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good buy for the price i would say mate looks good. i wrapped the interior of mine and it does make a big difference alot better to look at.

used to have vtecs then? cant beat the sound of vtec at 10k. always had hondas before my last golf.
It's the greatest sound in the world. I had an EJ9 with a B16b conversion, ITR cams and intake with full spoon exhaust. Kinda miss it but had to get a 'sensible' car

·
Bolf since 2012
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally the rain has held off long enough for me to get a couple of bits done that were bugging me. First was the little triangles inbetween the windows on the rear door. They were quite rusty so I gave them a sand down and spray

Posted Image

Posted Image

Didnt have any newspaper so used an old copy of ppc

Posted Image

Not the greatest finish but I'm happy...... For now

And finally took the tow bar off. And in the process found out one of the studs on the light unit had broken off [:mad:] so the plastic is just a precaution incase it rains while the araldite drys

Posted Image

·
Bolf since 2012
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Long overdue an update, finally managed to give her some clean oil, although I'm gonna have to do it again soon as I couldn't get the filter housing undone! [brick]

Also replaced the plugs and leads, got an air filter coming and did this

Posted Image

Not 100% sure, might redo it body colour. Theres some difference in colour front to back and places where the colour is a bit thin but it's not like it's on permanent show[paperbag]

·
King Dogger
13,907 Posts
On a mk4 Estate the Bora front looks great, not so sure on the hatchback. Conversely, the Golf front end on a Bora looks mint! Aside from the blut blut grills.

What's next?

·
Bolf since 2012
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks mate. Yeah looking forward to the next meet too. Hopefully should be a bit lower by then.

Ive come up with a 'short' to do list, in no particular order

Paint

Joms

Pressed plates

Laminx/fly eyes

ARB + polly bushes

Exhaust

Re map

Wheels

4mo splitter

Uprated brakes

Head unit