Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if any one of the top of there head knows the prices of....

S3 front and rear lower strut braces

anni rear view mirror

i hate the original grey mirror you can just see it soo much from outside the car..

cheers

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Hey fella!

Good luck getting an anni rear view mirror, last one and only one I saw on eBay went for £40-£50 or something like that! You could spray it yourself, thats what I did!

As to the S3 braces, there's a guy selling a set in the classifieds: Clicky £50 for both, sounds good!

Andy [:)]

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh right i take it the dealers dont sell them then?

thought the braces were cheaper than that? ill have a look at the add might grab me a baragin then....

cheers

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Hiya fella i have a black one in my car as standard and mine is a 99 gti so they must do them as a standard and not just anni spec as mine is also auto dip aswell and my roof trim is grey

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Hiya fella i have a black one in my car as standard and mine is a 99 gti so they must do them as a standard and not just anni spec as mine is also auto dip aswell and my roof trim is grey
same here.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers... im gona pop into the dealers and see how much the mirror is and what they came on out of interest...

i thought the braces were alot cheaper than that. i got a mate that works at vw so ill se howmuch he can get all these for.... :D

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
the lower one is about £22 all in from the dealer! i have got one in my boot awaiting fitting on thursday along with some other bits! [:D] i believe the upper one is £35 plus the bolts u need!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont want the s3 upper brace i want the lower front and rear...dont supose you know how much the rear one is do ya mate?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
didnt know there was a lower rear one??? anyway, the s3 is 4wd so would be different i guess.

u dont mean a rear anti roll bar do u??

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hhuuummm ok im confused. wile we are on the subject i was thinking of gettin a R32 anti roll bar at a later date. do i have a rear anti roll bar? andis it worth upgrading if i do have 1?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
You do not have a rear anti roll bar, can be easily added though and meant to make the world of differance to the handling, im investing in one soon.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok so im goin to buy a S3 lower strut brace and want a nice shiny top strut brace so ill source that from else where.

what anti roll bar shell i get?

and is there anything i can do to the rear wothout to much work?

nice one guys

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
yeah! same goes for the eibach kit, which is more popular! U generally only uprate the front one if your anti roll bar is fouling the driveshafts because the car is lowered too much! The kits have larger hoops to accomdate the dtop! mine is fine, hence i'm only getting the rear one!!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeh at the end of the year im looking into a BIG turbo conversion.so im looking into big brakes and coilovers so will be needing a new anti roll bar so ill prob buy yhr eibach kit...i take it the front bar is bigger than the standard and the back seems to be the same size as original front...

cheers for all the info guys.. really got it all sorted in my head now....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts