Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got some new wheels and as they may not be OEM or whatever you guys dont like.....i dont care cos i love em![:p]

[:D]

before:

Posted Image

Posted Image

after:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and i love this pic...makes the orange bit in the rear lights look all red.

Posted Image

next on the list:

lowering suspension

window tints

cotton green panel filter

rear lights:- maybe rccr's or all reds

colour coded bumber strips and valances

umm...and i cant think of anything else at the mo, any suggestions?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers! yea im looking to lower it now but im split over which way i should go, just springs or full springs and shocks?

·
Registered
454 Posts
what size are the wheels/tyres ? they look lost in those arches... might just be an optical illusion though.. get some springs on it fast.. shocks can always come later [:)]

edit: got bored and lowered it about 50mm for you -

Posted Image

·
Registered
581 Posts
get shocks and springs because otherwise the ride can be bumpy. also your std shocks will wear out real fast if you lower the car. wheels look nice mate!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea tophuh it looks strange cos the tyres that are fitted are too thin they are 205/40's an im gonna get 225/45's high profile tyres still deciding though which is why they look a bit small in the big arches.

yep lowering springs it is then ill get them soon then the shocks whenever the other fail.

also i wana paint the calipers red.has anyone else done this mod? any pics or how-to's??

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...yea well they've been there since i was born :S so yea thy do last long! i think my mum likes em a lot or sumtin lol

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
there plastic mate....they'll last donkeys years!

anyhow back to the car....hhmmm i think the standard suspension looks cool [:)]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Lookin good. Are they 17"s? Or do they just look smaller because of the gap?

I've got mine lowered just on springs about 2 months ago & am looking to replace the shocks at the start of next year, so you have an idea of how long they'll last.

As for other mods, is that the standard back aerial you've got on it? (Hard to tell from pic, looks like it is but I see you have the front aero wipers).

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi cat, yea they are 17"s but i think they look smaller cos the wrong tyres are fitted, these ones are thinner profile then the right ones. im gonna have to get these changed to the right ones first.

as for lowering i dont think i can afford to spend on springs and shocks just yet. however when the next installment of my student loan kicks in theres nothing to stop me then ;)

as for my other mods they are all listed in my sig including de-locking. nope the aerial is the standard long one. i think i need to change it :S

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
My mistake, I said more but deleted 1/2 of it & made a mess - meant the back wiper. Looked to me like the aerial had been changed in the last pic but if not then you need to get it off - now! [:D]

You haven't listed front aero wiper in your sig?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol nope the back wiper is standard but im not sure what to do with that yet havent looked into the possiblities but yea the aerial is the standard one might change that one soon

are the front aero wiper standard?? :S i duno as i have never changed them since buying the car?? whats the difference between normal an aero wipers??

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Just realised, if your car is 2003-onward, it comes with the aero wipers. Apparently they're much better (and more importantly, look nicer [:p]) than the standard ones before that like I have. I'll try to take a better pic tomorrow if I remember, but this shows how the 'normal' wiper stick up a bit (me, on the left) and the aero doesn't (on the right):

Posted Image

For the rear, options generally are: Polo, MK5, Fabia but needs trimmed, err....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts