Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

A few photos from todays drive to Wales.

North West 
Tags
north west
2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Gary Cundliffe 
#1 ·
Good day, with good quiet roads. Ended up in Rhyl for dinner what is a bit of a dump (no apologies!) but is was a good drive out and I enjoyed it.

I was joined by Tabs, Beddie and Curley et al.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

See less See more
#4 ·
whens the next one.
Great idea John let's get it sorted, i really enjoyed today as it was great to stretch the legs on the Bora on some nice quiet roads and fill my face with great company [Y]

Myself and Gary will get our heads together and try and get a bit more organised as to a route and somewhere a little classier than Ryhl for dinner next time.... [:p]

#5 ·
Derbyshire next time, or maybe Cumbria/North Yorkshire.

And I challenge any one of you to keep up with me on the twistys to Devils Bridge! I've driven/practiced that road at least once a month for the last five years! Normally weekly in the summer just going out killing flies on the front of the car doing a big loop from Barrowford to Devils Bridge then towards Lancaster for a cruise control relaxed back down the M6.

Fantastic on a midweek summers evening at about 9pm as weekends are murder for the traffic. Might blast that midweek inbetween Xmas and new year when the roads will quiet.

#6 ·
Derbyshire next time, or maybe Cumbria/North Yorkshire.

Sounds like a good plan that Gary. Matlock/Ashbourne is always a nice run, and towards the Lakes/Trough of Bowland is really nice too...

And I challenge any one of you to keep up with me on the twistys to Devils Bridge!

I'll see that challenge and raise ya a run over the Cat and Fiddle, been practising that one for 14 years now, 11 years on the bikes and the last 3 in the van, hardcore baby....!! [;)][:p]

#9 ·
Looks like i missed a good day out! Apologies for my missus arranging for us to be pampered at the Hilton hotel in Edinburgh(top place for a weekend away,by the way!),at the same time as the meet! I'll deffo be at the next meet,was gutted when i realised both were going to clash on the same day. Tabs,i take it you got hold of Gaz in time? Cheers,Paul.

#10 ·
Some nice scenic pics there Gaz, and have to agree both on the current state of Rhyl [:(] and our top day out... [Y]
yeah I work about 8 mines from Rhyl in Bodelwyydan. Some good roads round there... Even better now I have my coilovers on!!

Was driven in and out of work in my mates Westfield on Friday. The roads round there are made for that thing. An awesome experience! Mind you with 210BHP at the wheels and it weighing nothing, it should be!!! And we only found one Porsche 911 and he didn't want to play ;o(

Need to make it along to the North West meets now I'm living in Chester!!

#12 ·
Damn...how did i miss this day out [:(]

It was 5 months ago Stu lol! we'll give you a bit more notice for the next one... [:p]

Beddie ill pick up ya gaunlet on the cat an fiddle race..love that rd when i used to deliver to macc an buxton..great fun in the snow[;)]

Sounds good mate even more up for it now i've got the GTI, am i allowed to take the shortcut through Wildboarclough though! [:D]

Steve

Stu

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.