Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been buying a few bits'n'bobs over the summer but haven't got round to posting any piccies. So here we go

Aerowipers

Posted Image

R32 handbrake

Posted Image

Brembos [:D]

Posted Image

Carbonia

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can you just get the brushed alloy button from the r32 hand brake or bo you have to buy the whole cover
I have had this out with my local stealer lots of times in the past and they are denying they sell a brush ali button. I'm going to go down there tomorrow and wave it under their noise. See if i can get a part number out of them.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you not forgetting the Bora vents and the W8 light??
Not forgotten. Went to get a picture the other night and it was too dark. Make the pictures look rubbish. Will try to get out there during the dusk period see how they come out.

Long over due thanks BTW for helping wire the W8 and vents. It seemed so simple afterwards but not for someone like me who hasn't a clue where to begin

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Car looking good mate. Did you need to use spacers at the front after you fitted the Brembo's?
No spacers. I have around 5mm between the brakes and alloys. So unless someone tells me this is abit close then i'll happy [:D]

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
can you just get the brushed alloy button from the r32 hand brake or bo you have to buy the whole cover
I have had this out with my local stealer lots of times in the past and they are denying they sell a brush ali button. I'm going to go down there tomorrow and wave it under their noise. See if i can get a part number out of them.
if you get the part humber could you pm me with it please

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
No spacers. I have around 5mm between the brakes and alloys. So unless someone tells me this is abit close then i'll happy [:D]
Perfect, thats what I was hoping to hear. How do you rate them compared to your old brakes?

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
looking good m8 , very smart , erm just a suggestion , maybe adjust the drivers wiper down a little , when i fitted mine , it sat like that , and you could see it when u sat in the car , i adjusted it a little and down it doesnt show , just a sugestion lol or is it the angle of the pic lol

and like the carbonio [;)]

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Perfect, thats what I was hoping to hear. How do you rate them compared to your old brakes?
I can't rate them enough. I thought braking was improved with the 312mm, but this is unbeleivable. Huge huge improvement. [Y]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I can't rate them enough. I thought braking was improved with the 312mm, but this is unbeleivable. Huge huge improvement. [Y]
Zeke.. about the brembo's. Do they just swap straight over or do you have to uprate change other parts like master cylinder etc to cope with the extra pistons ? Can you fit brembo's to 312mm discs ?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like a complete car.[y][y]
I wish. For some reason the modding bug never seems to let go [:mad:]. Up next has to be a turbo back exhaust and stage 2 remap. But that will be after Xmas now

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the comments guy. Most of my inspiration came from this forum [:D]. As did alot of advice and cheap mods.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm liking the R32 handbrake. I've already told my mother that she can get me a Beetle sport gear knob for crimbo, looks like that the stitching is a good match for it. If you don't mind me asking how much is the r handbrake and is it an easy job to fit?. Loving your look you've got there.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts