Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, at last here are some pics of my Gora. As already said by Cat, a massive massive thanks to my best buddy Gerard for his time, expertise and use of his garage for the swap. A big thanks also to Colin for his help and also Mr Loafster for supplying the Freddo bars and cans of Bru[:)].

There are still a few finishing touches to be added like the GLi RCRC rear lights, headlamp washer caps, colour coded rear badge and euro stubby mirrors, which will all be happening soon.

Sorry about the car not being clean, just not had time to wash it yet and the weather was awful this morning.

Look forward to your comments.

Posted Image

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

Posted Image

<o:p> </o:p>

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/unclehuey/Gora002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/unclehuey/Gora001.jpg<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
49 Posts
car looks well fella, just got one question to ask.

where did u purchase your front number plate from pal????

need one for my motor, as i too have jap spec front rubstrip.

Allan

·
Registered
198 Posts
Looks superb mate, as does cats Bolf! It will definitely turn a few heads. OEM xenons too, your car is really coming on nicely! Will no doubt see it around sometime soon

·
Registered
766 Posts
did u fall over taking the first photo??????

looks good matey, still think u should sell me those headlights though................

·
Registered
752 Posts
car looks well fella, just got one question to ask.

need one for my motor, as i too have jap spec front rubstrip.

Allan
Probably a different place, but I got my plate from http://www.a-plates.com , as I too, have the jap-spec front strip.. (just not fitted it yet!) [:)]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Looks like you've done a great job there mate

Your Bora looks great:

Sorry to say it, but I would recommend lossing the Chrome Mirrors and going for colour coded[:$] sorry...

Do you have any other mods planned?

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Lookin sweet Andy, if not a little dirty... hope you're taking care of that freshly painted front [:p][:p]
Had any funny looks yet? I've had a couple lol... mostly from VW drivers I have to say. They know their onions [;)]

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
looks good! Looks very subtle, yet effective! The xenons finish the front off a treat and the rear lip looks cool!
You all obvisouly had a busy weekend doing all this!
Any spare bumpers floating around? mine's a mess? [;)]

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks great. [Y]

Bet your glad it's done at last!!!!
Kevin, I'm absolutely lovin' it mate. Gives me a huge grin every time I see it[:D], keep looking out the window at it. Couldn't wait to get it done after seeing your Gora down at Ultimate Dubs.

My mate got me it made up for me from a local guy he knows.

did u fall over taking the first photo??????

looks good matey, still think u should sell me those headlights though................
Not quite buddy, although was totally knackered today after all that manual labour you had me doing yesterday lol. Hats off to you and your dad sir for the work you do, especially having to wear those overalls every day, my tackle was glad to see the back of them!

As for selling you my xenons, as you would say "I'll crack the jokes"[;)]

Sorry to say it, but I would recommend lossing the Chrome Mirrors and going for colour coded[:$] sorry...

Do you have any other mods planned?
Mate, the chrome mirrors are going. I've got a set of euro stubby ones going on real soon.

Got a few other mods happening, like my GLi rear lights, colour coded rear badge and a set of Bora Sport dials all sitting waiting to go on.

Where did you get the Jap spec bumper strip out of interest!!!!
Got this off of Jason on here, a nice subtle little touch thats a wee bit different.

Lookin sweet Andy, if not a little dirty... hope you're taking care of that freshly painted front [:p][:p]
Had any funny looks yet? I've had a couple lol... mostly from VW drivers I have to say. They know their onions [;)]
A little dirty??? Its just from the windscreen down thats dirty[:p]

A bit annoyed tonight actually as I wont be able to drive it for a couple of days, as my coil spring has totally given up the ghost tonight. Squeeking and grinding noise, so no driving tomorrow until it goes in on Wednesday to get some new springs fitted all being well.

Not really had any looks just yet, although probably not noticed as I've been paying attention looking for pot holes to avoid for my poor suspension[:'(], but cant wait to take it into the dealers to see the look of their faces.

Hope I've covered everyone's questions here and thanks for all the positive comments so far.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
welcome to the club, car looks great
Cheers buddy! Was trying to find out which one was you down at Ultimate Dubs when I seen your car, so we could have a chat. Hopefully catch you and your Gora at some future shows.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts