Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me know what you think. I want to paint the spokes black, but not sure yet. Got a few things up my sleve for bodywork, just need to save for a month or two....

Posted Image

Posted Image

So i was bored when i finnished work today and ive wanted to put an LCR splitter on my anni valance for ages, havent seen it done yet, So i made one! I think it looks really cool, hope you do too!..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
looks awesome as always Chaz! You're brave running a TDi that low. Pictures are top notch too. Car of the month for April is gonna be a headache I can tell :eek:P

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha thanks Tabs, once the arches are rolled, its going down a little more, only a touch though. The location is a mill near to where i live, its so good for pics. Going back in a week or so to get some more. Started snowing when we took these so had to cut it short.

Thanks.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi chaz are you running spacers on the back? if so what size? looks great by the way very brave!
Hi, im not running any spacers atm but i have some 15mm's im putting on once the arches are rolled and flared.

Thanks.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice!!! And the best colour!

What wheels and size are those u got on???
They are Ace 312's and they are 18's, i kinda wish i had got 17's though, it was a hard choice because they had the 18's in stock and i would have had to order the 17's!

Thanks.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are they planning to roll the arches without spraying afterwards, Chaz? I'm interested to see how they're going to do it... [;)]
All depends on how much they have to roll them. It can be done if you heat the arches but only to a certain extent. The arches need re-sparying anyway because of that nasty dent the woman who had the car before me left, as a reminder of just how bad she was at driving! and i had the spacers on for a bit and the wheels rubbed off a fair bit of paint from the rear arches.

You planning on getting yours done?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright Jason, I dont know when it is, but im wanting to go to as many shows as possiable this year. Ill have a looksi when it is and hopefully be able to go.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Looks great Chaz, the wheel size looks good to me, why go to 17's?

IMO I wouldn't paint the spokes black, I am not too sure they would match the colout of your car?

How low it is really running then?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks great Chaz, the wheel size looks good to me, why go to 17's?

IMO I wouldn't paint the spokes black, I am not too sure they would match the colout of your car?

How low it is really running then?
I know what you mean about the spokes, ive kinda gone off the idea now!

Dont know in mm how low it is, but the back is as low as it will go[:(]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I know what you mean about the spokes, ive kinda gone off the idea now!

Dont know in mm how low it is, but the back is as low as it will go[:(]
Well as low as you can go looks spot on to me mate!!

As for the LCR Splitter, looks a lot meaner than anything else on the market, I like it, wish there was something I could put on the front of the Superb as I believe that LCR Splitter is pretty cheap?

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Are they planning to roll the arches without spraying afterwards, Chaz? I'm interested to see how they're going to do it... [;)]
All depends on how much they have to roll them. It can be done if you heat the arches but only to a certain extent. The arches need re-sparying anyway because of that nasty dent the woman who had the car before me left, as a reminder of just how bad she was at driving! and i had the spacers on for a bit and the wheels rubbed off a fair bit of paint from the rear arches.

You planning on getting yours done?
Yeah, just need to get the wheels and coils fitted before I can see how much I need to roll. I wan't to try and keep it as stock looking as possible as its not really a reversable mod!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts