Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey [:D] Here's a s election of pictures I've taken over the last 2 months. I think the only difference since last time is a set of US spec rear lights which I think go really well with the grey rims. Oh, and the coilovers have seized [:(] Anyways, I hope everyone likes the pics!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks like a model car in this one!
Posted Image

Comments welcomed as always [:)]

Hope to have a few bodywork modifications done in time for the VW Festival at Harewood in August

ps, I am seriously thinking of selling the rims in the next couple of weeks if anyone's interested? cheers, Pat

·
Registered
213 Posts
Loving the car Pat. Very nice!

Coilovers seizing isn't good though, any remedy or does it just mean you can't change the height ever again? :p

As above, what are the wheels?? PM details please!

Andy

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the positive comments everyone [:D][y]

I've had quite a few PMs regarding the rims (didn't expect that!) - can I just leave it until after the weekend before I make a decision. Reason being I have been offered some wheels which I *might* buy this weekend, but it's not a 100% done deal, as yet! I will reply to every person who has asked about them so if you haven't heard back from me, just bear with me lol!! For the record they are a bit of a mystery as to what they are apart from the word 'Zaphire - Made in Italy' stamped on the rear. They're 18x8j, et35

I'm a bit gutted really about the coilover platforms seizing up as they're only 6 months old, and are of the 'stainless' variety. Not only that, I make sure they are well lubed to prevent this happening. Saving grace is that they're at about the right height up front and I can probably get a pair of rear perches to bring the rear down so that the sill sits level.

thanks! Pat

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Pat, you defo need to post more pics of your car, you have some cool locations and the car looks spot on [Y] Are you and the local gang gonna do that mini meet for a photoshoot that Andy suggested? I'll really look forward to the pics from that [H]

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks fellas!

It'd be great to do the sunset / rolling shots photos that Andy suggested but no-one else seems interested [:(] Maybe we should come down south to you sometime for a photo-meet?? Or you come up here for a weekend? [:D]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Looks ace as always ... as for the coilovers its id quite eays to sort
... hee si my routine for adjusting them and mine are well used .

take wheels off

spray coilover with TFR .. or alloy wheel cleaner or gunk

scrub with with dishwash bush

jetwash to remove all grit and dirt (its dirt that makes them seize)

turn wheels left to right and repeat to get full circumferanc of coilover

spray thread with wd40 NOT grease it needs penetrating fluid

leave for and hour

unluck coils and adjust

when done re-grease

dont worry about water in the thread the wd40 will look after that

the problem is that dirt sticks to grease, adjust them with grease on
and the dirt gets in the thread and then it seizes...... however if you
have too much grease on the wd40 cante penetrate it so you need to
clean the grease and muck of first

·
Registered
404 Posts
loving the car mate, subtle and very effective mods, work really well with the dark rims,deffintly 1 of my personal favouites on this site!

where abouts did you get the german plates from ,ive been after a set for months?

ani headlights maybe??, to finish off the theme?

what new rims you getting?, are they dark agin, or a chage to silver this time?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Andy, you're a legend! I will follow your instructions to see if I can free up the coils, cheers mate [y]

She's looking nice and shiny Pat [:D] Great locations and pics - the
entrance to the quarry is my fav. the long wall to the rear of the hill
is just the perfect back drop [Y]
cheers! [:D] It's fast becoming my 'place' to take new pics, I've got to try not to overkill things however!

Hi pat!

The car looks amazing - good work!

Whats the engine size?
Hi and thanks! It's a standard 1.8t with an Audi A3 engine cover for now [:)]

Posted Image

loving the car mate, subtle and very effective mods, work really well with the dark rims,deffintly 1 of my personal favouites on this site!

where abouts did you get the german plates from ,ive been after a set for months?

ani headlights maybe??, to finish off the theme?

what new rims you getting?, are they dark agin, or a chage to silver this time?
Hello Kieran, the plates came from www.germanplates.com and cost me less than ?25 delivered for the pair just over a year ago!

You can't really see in any of the pictures above, but

Posted Image

I already have the OEM Anni headlights [:D] cheers for the positive comments!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

At the moment - it looks like I am sticking with these rims as I haven't heard from the seller of the others (they were silver BBS). So now I am seeking a set of 16" steelies so I can concentrate on saving for some 'real' 2pc splits (polished rim / grey centres) for next year's shows. Maybe........

1 - 20 of 25 Posts