Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking over all my debts, expenses etc etc the time has now come to get rid of my golf and buy something a little faster and newer!?

Im going to have about ?10k to spend and I need these things!

Reasonable insurance group nothing over 10, must be a similar size not much bigger or smaller, must be reliable and pretty newish!. Oh and it must be considerably faster than my 1.4 and prefferably have an engine and body I can do a few subltle mods to!

Not after a lot he he!!

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Highly Recommend the Fabia VRS - can be tuned very nicely - simple jabba remap will give around 185BHP -

insurance grp 9

45+MPG

brilliant

·
Registered
434 Posts
Re-sale will be shocking tho [:O] People still look at the badge!

But it does fulfill all your requirements [:D]

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True a tick in each box!

Not too keen on the look of the car though? Would possibly prefer to move away from the VeeDub Circle?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like your thinking I'd love a 1.8T but I dont want the same car again!

The new shape A3 or Golf would have been super but i cant really afford to push that far!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mmm a celica! nice thought! I thought they'd be a higher insurance group tho? surely its not below a 10?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Quote: posted by _veedub_ on 23/03/2005 14:23:38

mmm a celica! nice thought! I thought they'd be a higher insurance group tho? surely its not below a 10?

I think the 140bhp is about 12 I think! Get a quote as my golf is more expensive to insure!

They are great cars, backed up with Toyota reliablity

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheif - I love my golf to bits but ive a few problems with it!, I can remember your red golf being a beaut and i know how much you love your 1.8T but i think its time to move on :eek:(

I was thinking maybe a mini cooper could be a good buy?.

I'll get a quote on a celica and see how it comes out!?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Quote: posted by Jammy on 23/03/2005 14:07:01

disagree with that, check out the prices on the trader, imo they are holding well. my Bora on the other hand... [V]

I think a vRS will be my next motor, if I could swap out those horrid grey gay seats!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Quote: posted by hornetrider on 23/03/2005 14:47:23

Quote: posted by Jammy on 23/03/2005 14:07:01

disagree with that, check out the prices on the trader, imo they are holding well. my Bora on the other hand... [V]

I think a vRS will be my next motor, if I could swap out those horrid grey gay seats!!

the vRS have not been out that long, thats why prices are holding well! Give it a year or so......... prices will sink faster than the Titanic!

When looking for a diesel, I was told buy a VW manager that the vRS prices will drop simply cos its a Skoda! Just look at used prices for all the other models that have been out for a few years!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Really dont want to go down the Fabia route!

Ive got a test drive in a mini cooper sorted for tomorrow lunch!

One of the lads at work has said i can take his for a spin!

Thats a whole hour on my own on the road! super!

Does nobody agree that the mini cooper would be a good buy?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts