Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, did try to read through the forums but couldnt find a definite answer to my question.

I have a 1998 mk 20v Turbo and I am looking at ECU remaps and getting the most amount of power (bhp) from one. Im close to big boys toys who use Revo but was told that I may be able to get more power outputs if I use a different type of software??? Any one any ideas who to use to get the most BHP?

Many Thanks[8-|]

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
1998 thats the AGU engine code right. Revo probably will give you the best bhp but it is more expensive than the others. Your best bet is to go with the Upsolute chip. Alittle less bhp but alot less money.

Whichever you go for i wouldn't expect more than around 190bhp with the remap alone

·
Registered
602 Posts
Any more tips to get some bigger BHP gains? i.e induction kit, FMIC??

Thanks
I just had my ARZ upsolute'd - like you I've a ko3 turbo so the gains
would be similar. I've no rolling road figures but the difference is
staggering, I'm not sure you could put much more through the front
wheels and still retain some driveability unless you spend some serious
wedge on suspension, brakes etc.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in the Kent area any body know of any one near by who can sort me out with Upsolute? Has any one got any web sites with upsolute info on as I dont know much about it?

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What about at K03s upgrade will it be expensive? And would anyone know if I could get the custom remap in the kent area?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
What about at K03s upgrade will it be expensive? And would anyone know if I could get the custom remap in the kent area?

Thanks
Dood question mate.. i'm in kent too and am thinking of doing a KO3s and custom remap too !

Will keep an eye on this thread [:D]

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
Hi Mate

We can supply Custom-Code

This will give you 200 BHP and increase the torque to ?230lb/ft

Check out our JBS Auto Designs headding for a discount on this where we could offer you this at ?405.00 + VAT With a FREE rolling road session for after the remap.

Or check out www.custom-code.co.uk

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
FREE rolling road AFTER the remap? so how are you mapping it to its full advantage without rolling it?  hefty claims on an AGU! not nit picking just sounds..... well very un-custom!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Custom-Code Phase1 is a generic code, its Phase2 thats written on the real or rolling road.

If it was mapped to its full advantage on Phase1 then where would Phase2 come into play?

Phase2 takes into account all performance mods added to your car to squeeze out every single bhp and lbft available.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Soooooo.... agaian not picking but Phase 1 Custom Code isn't as it states custom? its a generic chip or ecu flash?... 200hp is a big claim too

"If it was mapped to its full advantage on Phase1 then where would Phase2 come into play?" Every car is different... wether it be the one off out of the factor one that seems to go like stink or the one thats been loosened up to within an inch of its life by right foot... they're all different....

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
You're quite correct Geeba, Custom-Code Phase 1 is not a custom map but a generic map.
Custom-Code never stated that Phase1 was a custom map, its Phase2 thats customised to your performance added modifications.

Carlos saw 198/199bhp (cant remember which) from his Revo map (AGU) so I can't see why Phase1 can't add another 1 or 2 bhp to that especially when the Phase1 map I had was superior to a properly setup Revo4bar map.

Taken from www.custom-code.co.uk

Phase One - Generic Remap
Normally Aspirated From ?250 plus VAT
Turbocharged From ?350 plus VAT

As with all of Custom Code?s products the Phase One remap is installed via the OBD-II interface making it a true Serial Port remap. Of course, if your car is non OBD-II compliant, a Custom Code Chip can be installed at no extra cost. Our comprehensive database of performance software beats anything that the competition can offer, at a very competitive price. This option should be considered by drivers who want a great performance increase, but do not want to significantly modify other areas of their engine. This is The Ultimate Generic Remap.

Phase Two ? Custom Remap - ?650 plus VAT

Phase Two offers drivers seeking the best from their existing modifications a chance to tailor their driving experience with our totally customised remap service.

Owners of vehicles with Cold Air Intakes, Sports Exhaust Systems, Sports Cats, Nitrous Oxide, Water Injection, Aftermarket Cams or Hybrid Turbos should use this service.

You as a customer can help determine various factors such as Power Delivery, RPM Limits and General Driver Requests.

Mapping can take between 1 and 1.5 days due to the totally customised nature of the map, however if we have already tuned an ECU of the same type with the same engine modifications, expect mapping to be completed in half the time

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
so what could you expect from a phase 2 AGU with carbino CAI and milltek?
It would be best to give JBS or Custom-Code a call and enquire as im not aware of a car with that spec having a Phase2 map.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts