Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local Porsche dealer has one of these taking pride of place at the front of their showroom... i thought when i saw the photo's that the red wheels and decals looked a tad tacky, but having seen it in real life it looks awesome!

That thing has real 'presence' about it, very suprised to see one... arent they very limited?

·
Registered
229 Posts
There was one in my local Porsche Centre just after Xmas. I asssume he was waiting for Jan 01 to take delivery. If it was me I would not have bothered waiting !!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
arent they very limited?

Indeed, only 98 available through Porsche for the UK according to the review in Evo.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
That is a modern classic, no question. I don't have a problem with the retro look at all. On my lottery list[^].

Ever since I was driven in a 996 Turbo4 with X50 engine upgrade (450bhp GT2 spec) at speeds close to vmax I cannot get these cars out of my head. So competent under so many driving conditions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
gross! horrible mismatch of modern bodystyling and engineering with tacky 80s fonts and out-of-place red wheels

·
Registered
320 Posts
It does look tacky in that livery... it looks great in dark grey..

If you saw it from the back, you may change your mind.. the tyres are about 30cm wide if I remember correctly!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Saw one in the flesh not long ago... the thing is awsome! I used to build 911 race engine so I'm bias anyway!

choose Porsche! why compromise!!!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I love the looks of the GT3, always been a porsche fan, just need to find some money somewhere...

Let's check down the back of the sofa!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts