Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd have a laugh and look at the numbers on Autotrader under Trade and nearly fell off my chair.... 93! [:O] Okay thats maybe not a lot but I seem to remember there being only about 40 odd a few weeks back?

New GTI's influence at work maybe??

·
Registered
326 Posts
Exactly while I'm holding on to mine for a while now!

I was thinking about selling it as I have just bought my first house, but have sat down and found out that I can afford to have both for the time being!

Jeffers

·
Registered
614 Posts
i think i would wait for new S3 or RS3[}:)][8D][:D] Quote: posted by Mikedav on 05/01/2005 16:50:56

Quote: posted by Tabs on 05/01/2005 16:34:52

Thought I'd have a laugh and look at the numbers on Autotrader under Trade and nearly fell off my chair.... 93! [:O] Okay thats maybe not a lot but I seem to remember there being only about 40 odd a few weeks back? New GTI's influence at work maybe??

Yeah and also its that 'time for a change' period I guess? Around Juneish there were 60, when it came out there were about 120 with all the speculators flogging them...it seems to go up and down like a yoyo. It's quite funny reading 93 adverts that say 'rare ltd edition'. Still holding their money (generally) though aren't they?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Most of them are ?22k+

I have just looked at autotrader - and a car exactly the same as mine with 16k on the clock is ?22.5k

Thats more than I paid new!!!

WTF is going on???

Mines staying in the meantime. One owner and well looked after - Lovely.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Quote: posted by PJ52GLY on 05/01/2005 17:00:32

i think i would wait for new S3 or RS3[}:)][8D][:D]

LOL you caught me trying to correct spelling and I deleted my post.

Martyn, my dealer has two on the forecourt at ?23,000 and ?24,000 respectively!

·
Registered
771 Posts
The stealers will be chancing it. Probably gave the owners ?18,000 for trade ins.

IMO the R32 is still the better car.

There will always be a sirge to have this years must have car. Last yeat it was the Cooper S this year it will be the Golf GTI.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Quote: posted by Martyn on 05/01/2005 17:08:03

?23 - ?24k Thats mad!!!!

Thats what I thought but there were still people looking at them - someone will pay it Im sure. Mind you this is the same dealer that had a Bora V6 4Motion at ?15,995, refused me offer of ?14k, only to have it still there 5 months later at ?12,995...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Quote: posted by Mikedav on 05/01/2005 17:13:30

Quote: posted by Martyn on 05/01/2005 17:08:03

?23 - ?24k Thats mad!!!!

Thats what I thought but there were still people looking at them - someone will pay it Im sure. Mind you this is the same dealer that had a Bora V6 4Motion at ?15,995, refused me offer of ?14k, only to have it still there 5 months later at ?12,995...

Good old Breeze !!!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Theres one in the Autotrader that comes out tommorrow with an AMD remap 287bhp ( i think ), and a standard one with more miles on and older and there both the same price.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Quote: posted by PhatPhil on 05/01/2005 17:09:22

The stealers will be chancing it. Probably gave the owners ?18,000 for trade ins.

I got offered 16k for mine as a trade-in against a new GTI, or ?16,500 against a "normal Golf" as the salesman put it![V]

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
22k...........???? That's why there are 90 for sale!!

I would think a std one with no options would be making about 18k private with say 15k miles on it. The dealers are just stoopid with these prices. Maybe they reckon people will buy them if they knock 3k off......!?!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Quote: posted by Golfgirl on 06/01/2005 18:03:49

Quote: posted by PhatPhil on 05/01/2005 17:09:22

I got offered 16k for mine as a trade-in against a new GTI, or ?16,500 against a "normal Golf" as the salesman put it![V]

No offense GG, but prob because you were female and therefore are subject to the typical male salesdick mentality that says you a) "don't know much about cars" and b) probably want the new GTI in that female "must have mode", therefore any price will sound good.

The 32 will be a classic in years to come!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I took my b/f with me and did my best to speak to the salesman as if I knew what I was talking about ( I probably know more about Golfs than he does!) but I think you're right there. I always try to show that I know something and am not there to get ripped off, but my local dealer lost out on the sale of an R32 because of that attitude!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Quote: posted by Golfgirl on 06/01/2005 23:07:18

I took my b/f with me and did my best to speak to the salesman as if I knew what I was talking about ( I probably know more about Golfs than he does!) but I think you're right there. I always try to show that I know something and am not there to get ripped off, but my local dealer lost out on the sale of an R32 because of that attitude!

I can't stand them. They treated my wife the same way a few years ago... not for a top marque or anything, but you know the attitude...

I also think that they are in the honeymoon period of a new model and feel they can offer poo poo deals cos people want the new one....

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I'm about to put mine up sale on autotrader in preparation for the Audi coming atht ebegining of March.

Hopefully if I price mine right it'll sell then!

J.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Quote: posted by marriedblonde on 15/01/2005 13:08:05

I'm about to put mine up sale on autotrader in preparation for the Audi coming atht ebegining of March.

Hopefully if I price mine right it'll sell then!

J.

I'll give you 10k for it J [;)] [:p]

Cheers

C

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Have they? I thought the opposite, I looked before christmas and the prices where really low!

Lets face it if I can sell it I will be happy...

J.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts