Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my new rollers.. in love with these. may not be to everyones taste but i like em..

comments welcome.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will be fitted tomorrow. The ~Qs`s were nice but i wanted to be different. plus they were a mare to keep clean. I cant get over how light these wheels are. that was another downfall of the QS`s, they were reps and weighed more than the car!!! lol Also they come with the car (not white tho) ..... the car will not be 100% my creation now with no sign of Cotsie (ukmkiv member)

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes Qs sold the same day i put them up. Na i got 2 different sets of Wheel locking nuts.

Just put pin stripes over them to see what they look like... will up load pics in a sec..

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats just mental rough, slapped them on to see what it looked like... i think it works well. other opinions wanted. [Y]

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
na not yet fensider. i did have some porka brakes but got told they wernt all that so i sold em.

Ill have to roll with dinky callipers for now.

Golftrev... cheers mate.. i do try. [Y]

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Lol That was quick, I'd be the same as you though if I had new wheels, Feels like being a kid again [:$] Nice wheels, Looking forward to seeing them on YOUR bora, Looks nothing like the other member that used to own it, Great work [H]

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nice 1 turbodaz. i have most deffo learned a lesson. I will NEVER buy a already modded car again. Even if it was just wheels and coils. Its been a mission in my head to make it my creation. tho loads telling me i made it mine ages agin, the wheels were the only thing still bugging me even after getting them powder coated and pin striping them.

In regards to the pin strip on these rims, im going to get a company to make a vinyl strip to shape as i have to stretch it round the curve with this stripe and i dont like it as it weakens the contact. I aint getting glue or lacquer any where near these wheels so ill just get em made up with high contact backing. Just have to find someone who will do it cheap now! lol

·
Registered
196 Posts
Could you get the little ridge you have pinstrped sprayed red? That would look cool as! Porka brakes would look awesome behind those wheels!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i think it would look to much the whole ridge bit red. i could get stripe painted on i suppose. The shaped vinyl stripe will do for now i think. cheaper too... the wife mite remove my gonads if i spend anymore money on the car. She aint impressed me spending the best part of £700 on these rims! lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ha Ha I often thought that yours and coastys car looked to same, never realised they were actually the same car. LOL

TSW Wheels @ £700.
It would be boring if we were all the same, but to be fair, these could work, the red pin stripe makes them look 100x better although it makes them look smaller. [:O]
In my opinion obv.

Should try electrical tape for the red bits.
Used some ages ago as rim tape on my motorbike. Worked a treat.

Just one thing, Please dont run the TSW centre caps. I think with a brand like TSW on there make them look cheap, but either plain, plain red, vw logo, heck maybe even a merc logo, or farrari? Try find something that looks right and gets rid of the TSW sign.

Pritty Please!

Car looks excelent fella, keep up the good work. The lights are superb, really light what you have done.

Keep up the hard work.

TRL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts