Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Kjohal
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the bloody road tax, I have no issues in paying road tax, however my letter came through for re taxing the car and its now a staggering £205 [:(] - last time i checked it was still a 1.9 pd115 that i was driving [:D]

I know my tax is higher than later diesals registered after March 2001, just wished the person who bought my car brand new waited a month, my car was registered in February 2001 - gutted.

Overall my motor has been ace (7 years of ownership and no major issues in that time - touch wood) and continues to be, got its MOT today too, should get through no probs in my opinion, not in a position to change my car and dont really have any intention of doing so not yet anyways.

anyways thought i would just vent out a little bit - off to get my road tax now - [:)]

·
Registered
232 Posts
i feel your pain man. only 2 months in it for the cheaper tax on my 115PD aswell. Its just stupid tbh as the engines or whole cars rather, are exactly the same.

·
Kjohal
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have all my prev tax discs, in 2004 when i put 12 months on it it cost me £165 - anyways im £205 lighter in my pocket plus £40 lighter from my MOT - which was a pass again[:D] - in my ownership my motor has never failed and only ever had one advisory for some bushes a few years back, year 8 of ownership has started well. looks like im staying in this weekend as im broke now, roll on payday lol.

I do think though, how come we get charged more for like leggyvw says the cars are identical - just crazy. especially when speaking to my neighbour as i pulled up and we were talking about cars and stuff, his bmw x3 jeep costs about £200 in tax. ah well its the weekend time to chill.

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
£125 a year for my Anni PD150 [:)]

·
Registered
927 Posts
tax actually doesnt bother me, i look at it this way, if i can undercut my insurance each year it takes the blow off the car tax

my insurance is gonna be around £260 this year, so for 12 months tax and insurance at £465, its really not all bad

now on the other hand... £1.26 a litre for fuel, THATS what f***s me off!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
it really is a p*** take, what do we get for it? just have a look at the state of the roads for a start, mine is £110 for the year.

·
Kjohal
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
agreed t8dpr - i shop round every year and often get a good deal on my insurance so i guess it balances out, its just that for the price im paying i could be driving something much quicker, my bro 350z tax is not much more - as for fuel, dont get me started on that, its getting silly now isnt it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
um, is it just me then whose road tax has gone down over the last year?! 1.9 tdi 90bhp! as a student, i only buy 6mths at a time, first 6mnths of last year £66, second 6 months £60! win!

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
It's annoying, but there had to be a cut off point somewhere. A guy at work has a Monaro that's a month the wrong side of that date, hello ?400 tax instead of ?225 or so. Mind you, he's saved a fortune on fuel, as he can't afford to run it!! Lol.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
High tax on older cars regadless of how green they are is all part of the plan to get the old cars of the roads, the scrappage scheme did a good job of this, took so many perfectlly good future classics off the road and by law made sure they are never ever allowed back. Spares only for any car that was traded in under the scrappage scheme.

As for the state of our roads .... they will never improve, why would our councils want good roads? No-one with a business mind wants to lose contracts worth millions every yr. Thats 1 of the reasons the same pot holes return time and time again, they dont want permanant fixes .. only tempory.

Its all about scamming the taxpayers now and making people have nothing .... and accept it!!!!, made up deficits, fake terrorism, corrupt governments, dodgy councils, 'global warming' .... man its crazy.

Fuel should be cheap, im convinced its a renewable resource.

Co2 is good, its the reason we exists, less co2 = less plants, less food, less wildlife, less oxygen. We can increase co2 in the atmosphere a LONG way before it would cause any problems. our atmosphere doesnt even contain the optimum amount that our plant life would prefare.

Carbon monoxide is bad to us NOT carbon dioxide.

Thats not even close to a rant, its best my rants are left off this site lol.

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
Yep, best left off here. 'Most' scientists agree CO2 is causing global warming, a minority say global warming causes increased CO2. I'm no scientist, and I live 45 mles from work. I'm screwed. Like many here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts