Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man am i knarked now. Gave the golf a damn good cleaning today. Washed with Meguiars NXT Generation car wash, then used Meguiars microfibre drying towel to dry off. Cleaned under arches with water and some cheapo back to black cleaner. Cleaned wheels with sponge and water. Treated tyre side walls with meguiars endurance high gloss tyre protection gel. Apllied Meguiars claybar and quik detailer to get rid of a few tar spots. And finally waxed the whole car with P21S wax. What dya reckon?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
37 Posts
looks very nice mate are they the r32 mirrors they look stubby?

and how long have you bumpers been smoother like that for.. how are the holding out i guess its fiberglass not filler ...

?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks very nice mate are they the r32 mirrors they look stubby?

and how long have you bumpers been smoother like that for.. how are the holding out i guess its fiberglass not filler ...

?
mirrors are jap and german passenger mirrors, bumpers are orignal vw items with the bump strips plastic moulded.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Excellent work [Y], but... you're parked under a tree! Argh! Move it before it gets peppered in tree resin!
lol. The Golf was under the tree for 5 mins. Shes now safe and well on the driveway.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I'd be out there with a beer touching her up!! Nothing like the feeling of that smooth paint! You get some funny looks off the neighbours though!!

Nice one Mike, well worth the effort!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the couple opposite me think i truly am mad. They went out at 12pm as i was washing the Golf, they came back at 5pm and i was still hard at it. I could tell they had a little comment together about me still being out cleaning it. What pees me off is he has a stunning 04 plate Audi A3 3.2 Quattro in black with full Audi sports kit, bodykit and Audi 18" rims and he NEVER EVER cleans it himself. If i had a car like his id be mad at it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
MIKE!!! Stop posting pics of your car!

I get more jealous every time i see a pic of it.

But seriously mate, its lovely. By far my favourite car on here.

Top class![Y]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I could tell they had a little comment together about me still being out cleaning it.
I get this all the time.."Your gonna wash all the paint off that car" or "Do you wanna do mine"

Looks really good as always Mike. Good job young man. I will have a good look tomorrow.

·
Registered
256 Posts
lurvely looking car m8, wheels look ace, are those real anni lights or the copies from vw speed etc? as i am thinking of getting a set

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats so clean mate.[H]

Didn't see you or the car at harewood yesterday!! Had you slipped away for a few hours????
yeah i had to slip out for a few hours but i did return.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lurvely looking car m8, wheels look ace, are those real anni lights or the copies from vw speed etc? as i am thinking of getting a set
the lights are genuine VW anni lights.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts