Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Had a crash last week and heres how it stemmed:

Coming home from a work training course, behind my friend whos driving a megane. All of a sudden we all slam our brakes on, i didnt stop in time and hit him about 10-15mph. Turns out the woman driving in front had slammed her brakes on in the middle of the road....with nothing in front of her, no speed bump, fox, cat, child, any, chocolate wrapper....nothing.

So ive had to take my car through the insurance because it came down to it and i just wanted it repaired. Havent got pics because i was too busy grieving over the state of my beloved Golf.

So the insurance have said it needs the following: bumper, bonnet, grille, headlight, radiator, condenser, impact beam, mouldings and brackets and front driver side wing. Paint & Labour & Parts = £2160!! So in a way thank god for my 250 excess. My mates megane i apparently hit at one of the strongest points on his car and all thats happened to his is that the clip on his bumper snapped [brick]

Worst of all the woman drove off like nothing happened! whilst i picked up the pieces of bumper! People drive you mad.... Arggghhh anyone else had ridiculous claims like this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's unlucky mate. Same thing happened to me a few years back. Breaks your heart but gotta try shake it off. Least there was no injuries ay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts