Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
R32 t'body 007 mani dynoplot

R32 t'body on new 007 intake mani (www.monstor-turbo.com) remapped with 750cc genesis injectors by Custom Code on Thursday

Next a pair of special grind catcams to install and call it a day then engine wise. more power than grip.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Bill that is insane!!!!!!

What sort of figures do you have for 0-60, 0-100 1/4 mile etc....

Obvo grip will be an issue but non the less... the numbers now mean pretty much nothing to me as I woulndt know anything to compare them to in a car such as yours.... got any stoies to explain just how fast it really is?? or better still... vids [:)]

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
517bhp from a 1.8T engine!!!! [:O]

Incredible!! I would like to see the figures to mate. Should be impressive
It's a 1.9T now [;)]

Awesome figures Bill.... how about some NOS? [:p]

Must be nice to be over 500 after all this time....was that the goal?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
517bhp from a 1.8T engine!!!! [:O]

Incredible!! I would like to see the figures to mate. Should be impressive
It's a 1.9T now [;)]

Awesome figures Bill.... how about some NOS? [:p]

Must be nice to be over 500 after all this time....was that the goal?
The goal is whatever it achieves with its completed mix of parts.

I was hoping for high 400's to low 500's and reality seems to match my wishes and guestimates from spec I have built it to.

No NOS, this is a circuit race car, road legal for fun too.

Cams next and then I stop messing with it.

Will be looking to do some more times, as I have'nt done any official ones for a few years now. PVW times are way out of step with the car as it is today, when it was 360bhp.

Its completely mad and scares me silly.

02J box to go back in, tricky diff, special grind catcams and then some pukka testing to see.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Holy smoke! Nice one mate.

Some of the 1.8T/1.9T cars I have seen on the web with that amount of power certainly seem to have severe grip issues. Having said that, in a straight line, that must be faster than 600cc Sportsbike fast and approaching, if not the same as, 1000cc sportsbike fast!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Your quite mad Bill...but well done all the same.

In a different league most of us.

Still my chariot should be just a bit quicker this year....but not in your league.

By the way how do you stop it.....how much cracking issues do you get on your disc's?

Ian

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your quite mad Bill...but well done all the same.

In a different league most of us.

Still my chariot should be just a bit quicker this year....but not in your league.

By the way how do you stop it.....how much cracking issues do you get on your disc's?

Ian
No cracking since I have changed disk supplier from AP to a.n.other

one season on new ones then binned them ready for new season.

AP's did'nt last more than 3 races before cracks started. Not what I expect from ?? AP's

now on 330mm disks up front sicne Dec 06

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
erm, have you bought a 1.0 polo to use during any day when it is slightly damp outside?

That is insane (BIG respect) - i cant imagine trying to pull out left from a t-junction on an incline in the wet with that beast!!!

YOU DA MAN!

what would you guestimate of project cost be? - ?15-20k ?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
erm, have you bought a 1.0 polo to use during any day when it is slightly damp outside?

That is insane (BIG respect) - i cant imagine trying to pull out left from a t-junction on an incline in the wet with that beast!!!

YOU DA MAN!

what would you guestimate of project cost be? - ?15-20k ?
no idea of total costs since beginning as its been evolution and several incarnations of turbo spec and engine spec to whats currently here. Cheaper to replicate now as I have learned what works from what does'nt the hard way.

This turbo conversion is a ?4K to 5K conversion, but requires a built engine to go onto. You dont want to be asking this setup to produce its 450bhp power on a stock motor.

Its very drivable whilst you control your right foot (which is mandatory). Plant it and all hell breaks loose, usually turning rubber into blue smoke and Number 11's on the tarmac - lol

Teaches you throttle control, and continues to scare the beejesus out of me.

not for the faint hearted

1 - 17 of 17 Posts