Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,

just got back from star performance after having my golfs first rolling road session and all i can say is wow!

somehow my V6 managed to pull off 237~BHP !!!

with only an exhaust and K&N panel filter!!!

only managed 212lbs/ft of torque tho??

Jim recommends i remove the decat pipe as the signals from MAF are jumping up in blocks instead of increasing the signal gradually, there are also other complications with the lamba probes not getting up to temprature, this could be effecting the MAF readings. So got to sort it out before further tuning work.

Im going to run the decat untill MOT time, put the cat on then get it RR & diagnosed again to see what differnce the de cat actually makes?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Holy moly that's a nice bhp figure. Mine came out at 226bhp and 228lbft a couple of months back. That's with a milltek, k&n panel filter and AMD's remap of course.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It does seem high but thats what it says on my graph,

it has 173.5 BHP @ the wheels

I bought it from a Dealer when it was 3 years old 1 previous owner totaly standard as far as im led to believe!!!

If there is another mkivs RR day i will try to get down to it and see what it will do on other rollers?

Has anyone else got RR results from a decat 4motion?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I have the same 4 motion system as the V6. I got around 183bhp at the wheels and 225bhp at the flywheel. I've noticed starperformance RR always shows massive losses compared to others.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is this what is called the "drag output" ?

if so will the gear box ratios, wheel size, brake disk size ect ect all effect it?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
? wonder What it is then ?

im sure i will not see the differnce untill its ran it on another set of rollers to compare, as every RR is different.

(p.s whats BTW?)

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
If you know anyone with vagcom and is good with it get them todo a butt-dyno for you it should be more accurate than above if done properly, foxys site has details o bits of it but really google is your friend on doing a butt-dyno

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote: posted by reido on 06/04/2005 23:35:24

? wonder What it is then ?

im sure i will not see the differnce untill its ran it on another set of rollers to compare, as every RR is different.

(p.s whats BTW?)

BTW = By The Way

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Im really interested in what you find about this reido, as it will make my mind up as to whether I buy the Supersprint de-cat or not. I have a full system including de-cat waiting foor purchase very soon, but would be nice to save the extra pennies if the de-cat is more of a hinderance. I assume you have the supersprint exhaust cos AFAIK they are the only manufacturer who do a de-cat. all the others do high flow sport cats.

Eager for more info,

M[:D]

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi evilhomer,

I can remember us having a chat a few months ago about choosing an exhaust, have you herd a supersprint system yet?

im going too the Big Boys Toys open day so if your there u can hear mine?

Im not due the MOT for a few months yet so im not going to change back to the cat untill then, hopefully i will get another RR day in before then to get a second readout on another set of rollers?

Will keep you all up to date.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by reido on 09/04/2005 11:27:19

Hi evilhomer,

I can remember us having a chat a few months ago about choosing an exhaust, have you herd a supersprint system yet?

im going too the Big Boys Toys open day so if your there u can hear mine?

Im not due the MOT for a few months yet so im not going to change back to the cat untill then, hopefully i will get another RR day in before then to get a second readout on another set of rollers?

Will keep you all up to date.

Yeah I thought it was you fella!! lol

Nope unfortunately still not got a listen of one, and I wish Big Boys Toys was nearer. see if you can get a decent sound recording!!! lol

I literally held the system in my hands the other day, its begging to be bought (?600 incl VAT for decat, centre pipe, and back box but no tail pipe as im going for the smooth rear look i think)

Look forward to hearing your results fella.

Cheers,

M[:D]

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats a bargin ?? m8, i would snap it up!![:O]

Have to say the stealth look is cool, i will be @inters and a few other shows as well so i will give u a shout and see if you r around for a listen?

ive no sound clips[:(]

·
Registered
811 Posts
Quote: posted by GaryM on 06/04/2005 19:06:21

Is that not a tad optimistic without a remap of any kind?

Is it not also the place a 'tweaked' ko4 made 297 bhp???? [B)]

hmmmmmmm.....[;)]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by reido on 09/04/2005 11:39:42

Thats a bargin ?? m8, i would snap it up!![:O]

Have to say the stealth look is cool, i will be @inters and a few other shows as well so i will give u a shout and see if you r around for a listen?

ive no sound clips[:(]

No worries fella, sure i'll catch up with you sometime!!![:D]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by Tim Sims on 09/04/2005 14:10:57

Is it not also the place a 'tweaked' ko4 made 297 bhp???? [B)]

hmmmmmmm.....[;)]

It certainly is!!

Must be the dense air in Scotland [:I]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts