Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Retired
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/roughnec/?action=view&current=HPA-R32.flv

This is a vid of my bro's mate's R32, which hes had boosted to 400bhp!!!

Watch out, Neo, he is another student scrumbag! ...with far too many horses lol. Students with money eh! [:p]

-FT400
-pss9 bstein kit
-ecs stage 5 brakes
-boot weight reduction
-prolong oil
-shell v-power
-hpa ss + b&m shifter

= 420bhp !!

Taken
from the tyresmoke forums
http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/1,2,12,15,22,25,26,27,8/Number/931986/an/0/page/0#931986

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Wonder how long it is before the long arm of the law decides that they can use vascar against videos like this to try and prosecute drivers...

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
ooo that engine noise sound should be burnt and sold on disc to people like myself who cant afford r32's can play it whilest driving

·
Registered
123 Posts
I love the sound of a tuned R32! A friend of mine has one thats been remapped by AMD and they sound even better in the flesh!! Awesome!!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
A student with a 400BHP R32?!?! Jeesh man! Students are meant to be poor! Scraping for food and the occasional beer... Not driving HPA tuned R32's!!! Grrr goddammit why aren't I one of those students!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is that stupid as in stupidly quick , or stupid as in the driver, caus the road was clear and i knu i cud make it.. or is it both ? -.-

btw, the eip is stage 1 with 450bhp... a poor quality turbo which only kicks out 357whp... and the dyno charts are compared to the hpa 400 kit... and guess which readings are better.. close tho

Did i mention they weld the turbo and the manifold... so if something goes wrong, ur buggered!

HPA ftw!

·
Registered
145 Posts
That sounds awesome.

As for the driving style debate, if someone tunes a car to 400+bhp, its unlikely that they will drive it at 30mph.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
WOW! Great video, really well made and that car is just a machine!! As for driving fast on the road, personally I think that if you can afford a car like that you should be aloud to drive it how you want as long as its not round towns etc but out on the open roads where you can see whats coming its always good to open the taps up and have a little fun.[:D] but everyone has there own opinion

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Is that stupid as in stupidly quick , or stupid as in the driver, caus the road was clear and i knu i cud make it.. or is it both ? -.-

btw, the eip is stage 1 with 450bhp... a poor quality turbo which only kicks out 357whp... and the dyno charts are compared to the hpa 400 kit... and guess which readings are better.. close tho

Did i mention they weld the turbo and the manifold... so if something goes wrong, ur buggered!

HPA ftw!
... theres nothing wrong with the Turbonetics turbo its far from poor quality... thcar pumps out 357 because of the poor quality fuel the yanks use.. the Dutch installer/distributor for the kit does theer own mapping and they are getting substantially more .. the EIP mapping is not great admittedly.

So really the EIP kit only lacks the cast manifold.... MMMM 5k is for a cast manifold is alot ... when PAGparts sell them for $600 and its actually based on the bahn brenner manifold kit that the HGP kit is built round.

I have done more research on Turbo's on the 24v V6 engine than most... and have concluded thet the HGP kit whils very good quality... is just a remodled bahn brenner kit and although more polished is not quite worth more than twice the other 24v v6 turbo kit on the market.

All credit to you for chucking that money at the R and its still an awesome car..

there is guy with an EIP r32 on here maybe you shoould do a head to head at the pod with him????

·
Registered
288 Posts
Stupid as in 120mph on normal roads is enough to lose your license or life.

On a track is one thing - controlled environment and all, but on regular roads with other people about its plain daft.

Cracking car though :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts