and how many miles to a tank,

and how much are they to fill up?

Ta.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh.............

for a minute there I was considering ditching the TDI and spoiling myself with 4 wheel drive but while I'm doing 66 miles a day just to work...........think i'll pass.

Damn it![:mad:]

·
Registered
141 Posts
Oh.............

for a minute there I was considering ditching the TDI and spoiling myself with 4 wheel drive but while I'm doing 66 miles a day just to work...........think i'll pass.

Well, if you want to be a perm member of the petrol station "Alway filling up Club"

Then ditch the TDI....[:O]

·
Registered
555 Posts
Mines diabolical. Around 18mpg and I normally (with previous vehicles) get quite good mpg. I'm not "ham-footed" as it were. I can't believe its so bad really, it seems crazy they could make a car with such poor mpg when you're not using the potential (ie just driving lightly to the shops!!).

never mind, it does sound good...

·
Registered
829 Posts
I average about 24mpg round town and about 35mpg on a motorway
cruise. I usually fill up after about 250 miles if I've been
driving round town, but can do about 350 on a motorway run.
Hardly long distance! Costs between ?40 and ?50 to fill up with
95 RON (from just over the red mark on the gauge). I'm starting
to wonder if mine's been detuned though as I've been surprised by how
good the consumption has been!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I very rarely break the 30mpg barrier - only if I'm stuck behind a truck along a b road going 50mph do I get close.

However, I didn't buy the V6 for the practicalities - if you ever find yourself thinking about economy and how you'd save money with a smaller engine just turn off the radio, drop a gear, hit the right foot and listen. Makes me smile every time [:D]

·
Registered
29 Posts
I average about 24mpg round town and about 35mpg on a motorway cruise. I usually fill up after about 250 miles if I've been driving round town, but can do about 350 on a motorway run. Hardly long distance! Costs between ?40 and ?50 to fill up with 95 RON (from just over the red mark on the gauge). I'm starting to wonder if mine's been detuned though as I've been surprised by how good the consumption has been!!
hate to tell you this, but even if that 350 miles is taken up to the point where the petrol light comes on (therefore using 54 litres of fuel), you're only getting 29.4mpg. if you're running it dry then its nearer 25mpg. I wouldn't trust the gauge in the car, it always seems to be optimistic.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I average about
24mpg round town and about 35mpg on a motorway cruise. I usually
fill up after about 250 miles if I've been driving round town, but can
do about 350 on a motorway run. Hardly long distance! Costs
between ?40 and ?50 to fill up with 95 RON (from just over the red mark
on the gauge). I'm starting to wonder if mine's been detuned
though as I've been surprised by how good the consumption has been!!
hate to tell you this, but even if that 350 miles is taken up to
the point where the petrol light comes on (therefore using 54 litres of
fuel), you're only getting 29.4mpg. if you're running it dry then its
nearer 25mpg. I wouldn't trust the gauge in the car, it always seems to
be optimistic.
I've been keeping a log of consumption (a bit sad I know) and on a trip
to Wales and back (356.5 miles) I used 46.53 litres of fuel (filled up
as I left and again when I got home) which is an average of 34.8 miles
per gallon. The gauge showed 36.8 mpg - an error of 5.6%.
Admittedly I wasn't in a rush so had the cruise set to just over 70
(about 68 on the GPS) as I didn't fancy getting snapped by the M4
cameras! In the month since getting the car I've averaged 26.2mpg
which is a mix of cruising, driving round town and gunning it like a
loon! As I said though, I'm a little suspicious that it may have
been detuned though so am going to get it on the rolling road at AmD.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I very rarely break the 30mpg barrier - only if I'm stuck behind a truck along a b road going 50mph do I get close.

However, I didn't buy the V6 for the practicalities - if you ever find yourself thinking about economy and how you'd save money with a smaller engine just turn off the radio, drop a gear, hit the right foot and listen. Makes me smile every time [:D]
Very true, you must expect low mpg's from a car of that weight and engine size. It's the fun of driving that counts. Sometimes it helps if you reset the trip guage which is located on the stalk arm , you can thn get a refreshed reading!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I stand corrected. i usually fill mine up as soon as the petrol light comes on, and i've never got 350 miles out of it to that point. i think you could be right with the detuning.

I average about 24mpg round town and about 35mpg on a motorway cruise. I usually fill up after about 250 miles if I've been driving round town, but can do about 350 on a motorway run. Hardly long distance! Costs between ?40 and ?50 to fill up with 95 RON (from just over the red mark on the gauge). I'm starting to wonder if mine's been detuned though as I've been surprised by how good the consumption has been!!
hate to tell you this, but even if that 350 miles is taken up to the point where the petrol light comes on (therefore using 54 litres of fuel), you're only getting 29.4mpg. if you're running it dry then its nearer 25mpg. I wouldn't trust the gauge in the car, it always seems to be optimistic.
I've been keeping a log of consumption (a bit sad I know) and on a trip to Wales and back (356.5 miles) I used 46.53 litres of fuel (filled up as I left and again when I got home) which is an average of 34.8 miles per gallon. The gauge showed 36.8 mpg - an error of 5.6%. Admittedly I wasn't in a rush so had the cruise set to just over 70 (about 68 on the GPS) as I didn't fancy getting snapped by the M4 cameras! In the month since getting the car I've averaged 26.2mpg which is a mix of cruising, driving round town and gunning it like a loon! As I said though, I'm a little suspicious that it may have been detuned though so am going to get it on the rolling road at AmD.

·
Registered
221 Posts
my car must have some problems, either that or you guys keep ur revs under 2000!! i get 15/16mpg in town and about 21 mpg on motorway (bearing in mind i keep it around 95ish).. i dont thrash it, but i dont drive it like im in my driving test either

·
Registered
570 Posts
scarfaceV6 - mines been remapped and I still get 22's-25's around town and 28s-32s on motorway journeys. Yes if I do have a 'play' it des drop but even then on an average tank of petrol (Optimax only used) I still get 22's.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Oh.............

or...you could get a TDI 4motion [;)]

·
Registered
632 Posts
Don't really care about fuel consumption as if i can't afford to go i don't bother...........i'll take a different vehicle. Bought it cos of how it makes me feel.........Its all about passion.

For the reference though. just been into town for a blat round and its reading 17.4 mpg.

Makes me smile each time i look at it[:D]

·
Registered
221 Posts
wat sort of speeds are you doing on the motorway to be getting that mpg then? also do u think it could be a maf problem? if not any idea what could be the cause of this? ive just had a full service recently, ive only had the car a month so i didnt think this would be unusual? only now that im seeing wat u guys are getting out of ur V6s am i worried. cheers

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
The V6 4Motion does seem to have a drink problem for its capacity - I
definetly use less fuel thrashing about in the 330ci than I did
in my 4Motion, and they both have broadly similar engine sizes and kerb
weights. Having said that its one of the best sounding engines below
?40,000, and worth every penny IMO - you don't buy a V6 4Motion for
economy. Count yourself lucky its not the new RS4 - 19MPG combined
anyone?

·
Registered
221 Posts
thats completely true mate, when i bought my V6 and leading up to the time of me getting one, the price of petrol never crossed my mind, it was obvious that it would be a guzzler, i dont have any complaints about it, im just shocked at these figures that the guys here are getting!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi,

Over 1000 miles I got an average of 30mpg, and thats on the Isle of Wight! On most journeys it's always around 30mpg. I am quite impressed given the amount of pleasure the car gives me. Even better you don't have to change gear much.

Ian

1 - 20 of 30 Posts