Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
99 Ronnie
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, these are not mod'd V6 4-Motions, I just wondered if anyone had seen these 'unusual' cars before?

I took this TDI picture in February this year, when skiing in Chamonix

Posted Image

I took the V5 picture in Geneva, also in February

Posted Image

Both cars looked bog-standard with no modifications, so I'm pretty sure they were/are 'real' cars in Europe and someone on here will confirm this. Who would have thought it, a V5 4-Motion!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yeah,i think there's quite a few different spec's i europe. I seem to remember VW Driver magazine doing a tour of somewhere in europe a few years ago,and they were in a mkiv Golf 2.0 4motion estate! Very unusual vehicle. Suppose some european countries that have very cold winters,have a much higher demand for 4 wheel drive vehicles than the UK. Cheers,Paul.

·
Registered
180 Posts
dont doubt they are real cars, after all they now sell the 4 motion tdi mk5 and theres no real call for that.

anyway ill stick to my 2.8 v6 4motion[:D]

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Ricky - mine's looking like it too - all the damp roads and I work near several quarries = mussy roads!

They did make all kinds of 4-mo's on the continent, but, as it's been said, there was not thought to be enough demand over hee. Shame really, it's juts what the MkIV TDi needs when you go much past 130bhp!

I saw several of them when I went snowboardsing in Austria - all without alloys = snow tyres! Alloys for the summer!

There's a cool video on youtube (now google-tube?!) of a MkIV TDi 4MOTION (130 or 150) bombing about in the snow, it looks really good fun!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have seen both those models in Europe over the years.

Believe it or not, I nearly purchaced a brand new 2001 TDI 150 4motion (3dr) RHD! Totally wish I did now the amount I would have saved in petrol £££'s as well as having a totally unique Mk4

Bit gutted, but I have had the pleasure of the smooth V6 keeping me company...

·
Registered
27 Posts
4 Motion has been available on most Golf models in Continental Europe for some time.  Volkswagen UK has chosen not to introduce in the UK (apart from V6 and R32) until May 2005 with the introduction on the 140 diesel.

·
Registered
990 Posts
When I was working in Holland years ago there was a V5 GTI available, and you could buy 1.8T's in non-GTI (Highline). You could also get 115 and 130pd GTI's. In Germany and Spain I've seen 150pd 4-Mo's and V6 TDI 4-Mo passats.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My car is a 1.8 4motion, originally from Italy. They come in all flavours[:D]

Will have to wait to winter to try the 4motion though

\Nils

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
My next car will be a 4mo.

Im either gonig to import a MkIV TDI 4mo, or go Audi A4 TDi Quattro.

Think its the appeal of 4 wheel drifting that does it for me, lol. Theres a promo video of the MKIV TDi 4mo on Youtube :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Mk V 140 Tdi 4Motion is available in RHD in the UK.  Great car, had one for the last year, really helps keep the footwear on the road in the wet.  A small number are now hitting the second hand market but it is only a small number as not many have been sold overall.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
watch it at 1minute 50 when he slides it round the corner and you can see only the front wheels turning , he then gives it some throttle and the power is sent to the rear , quite good to see how it all works [Y] 4-motion is the bees knees [Y]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts