Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, where would be the cheapest place to buy the 2 PRE CAT lambda probes for my AUE 4 motion. and once fitted will i have to use basic settings in vag com to set them so to speak

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
s long as they are a 4 wire sensor then you can get universal ones for about 30-40 quid each

but i am not sure how many wires are on the sensor.

BUT as the front is off my car at the moment i could have a look for you tomorrow????????[Y]

If there are more wires then it wil be a DEALER ONLY part[:mad:]

so make sure you get your pocket?s filled before you go and get them LOL

HOPE THAT HELPS[Y]

Andy

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL!!!!! I`d rather stear well clear of the dealer.....I think they may be 4 wire types at the actual probe end...but where they connect under the car in that little black box I think there were 6 pins on each 2 being used up on some sort of resistor that i`m not really sure the purpose of. Have you got the full 4 mo exhaust on a 2 motion with 4 lambda probes ? and hows ya car coming along? you fixed it yet?

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
I have the full 4MOTION system on up to the CAT and then custom 3" catback from longlife

sounds real meaty

with the universal ones all you do is cut your wires from the probe and then there are crimps with shrink tube in the replacment kit and connect them to your plug

IIRC there are 2 black and 2 white wires

car is having an R32 cylinder head fitted with all the cams along with the intake manifold and 3" TB and i also have a 3"MAF to go on[:p]

so all i got to do is find a R32 bottom end LOL

Andy

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Just one more thing[:O]

i can get a deal on a K&N freeflow kit made for the 4MO if you are intersted

got a mate that works for a motorfactors where i live and the RRP is about 275 quid and i have orderd the only one in the country at the moment for 207 quid

i cant think what it is called but i will pm you the details tomorrow aswell

when he called them they told him that due to laws that it could no be sold on the UK market as it was too loud YEAR RIGHT!!!!!!!

but it is ok in GERMANY so i told him if ZUU GERMANS say it is ok there is deffo no probs here in the uk lol

Andy

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool no worries keep me posted on what exactly this free flow kit contains, is it a 57i kit that K&N do by any chance? some pics would be nice also....and where can I buy these universal Lambda probes from.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
try any MOTORFACTORS like A1 motor stores or if you have no joy i can order them here TRADE for you[;)]

the kit is NOT on sale here at the moment and this one is the only one in the country LOL with a RED anodised pipe compleat with filter and heat shield

it is not the 57i as i have looked at that one

i was told that this one is still sort of on test and k&N will GUARNTIEE it is good for 15BHP+[:O]

so when it is fitted i will do a back to back dyno run with and without so i can see[:p]

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hi all, where would be the cheapest place to buy the 2 PRE CAT lambda probes for my AUE 4 motion. and once fitted will i have to use basic settings in vag com to set them so to speak
Jedi,

Ive got the same problem, need two pre-cat lambda's. they are 6 wire pre heated probes and are dealer only!!!

ive have checked everywher else. they priced up at 98 quid each i think, still waiting for the funds to swap them as i need 2 front tires as running a 2motion has destroyed them.

vag com will sort them out as you will just need to fit them then clear the faults.

Jambo[Y]

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW!!! ?98 each[:'(] I`m not sure whats going on with my car at the moment runs fine no probs, but I think its drinking fuel a bit but then again looking at other posts on here I`m again not sure I get 300-350 miles out of a full tank (carefull driving). This is quite normal apparently

I still have this fault code all though the 17511 fault only appeared once and once cleared has not come back... I`m still thinking dodgy wiring etc?

Address 01: Engine
Controller: 022 906 032 E
Component: MOTRONIC ME7.1 G V007
Coding: 00132
Shop #: WSC 00639
2 Faults Found:
17516 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating: B2 S1: Performance too Low
P1108 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17511 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating: B1 S1: Performance too Low
P1103 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
Readiness: 0000 0000

Recently my MPG thingy was reading hi MPG`s 40`s 50`s when it usually reads 25`s-35`s average driving. Don`t know what was going on there? seems ok now.

I also think I may have a dodgy fuel gage as it sometimes jumps 1/8th of a tankful on its own and then back again if you know what I am trying to say. So im not sure if the gage is displaying the correct ammount?

Any joy with ya 2 motion? any nearer to solving the problem?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Dont wish to be the bearer of more bad news but!

those are the same codes i get on mine, they started poping up one every couple of months, then once a month, now its within a day of clearing the fault.

The ECU see's the heaters are not working, this causes the probes to take longer to get to temp, causing mis mapped fueling. the ECU stops trying to read from the probes as it thinks thery are faulty and maps your fuel by a pre-programmed map built into the ECU, this reduces performance.

it can also cause problems with the secondary air system as they are tied in.

I can tell as soon as mine faults out again after a reset, with it reset the car is really lively, as soon as it faults out again its point less reving past 4.5k as it doesnt really pick up anymore, just really flat, bit like when you put sh!t fuel in after running v-power!

this is worth a read http://www.picotech.com/auto/lambda_sensor.html

No not really getting anywhere with the 2motion, the new Vag com has loads of extra so working through that, but its looking like im gonna need a canbus enabled vagcom to check it properly and mine is the normal basic model.

Jambo[Y]

·
Registered
487 Posts
I had to change my two pre-cat (S1 B1 & S1 B2) lambda last year. Personally I would stay well away from the universal lamda's available. They do not come with plugs so need to be splined onto the existing cables under your car. Genuine VW ones cost around ?75 + vat each, although I have a friend who is a self employed mechanic and he got me them at trade price (?55 + vat each).

You do not need to do anything with vag-com after you have cleared the error codes.

Before Cat right - 022 906 262 H
Before Cat left - 022 906 262 J

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had to change my two pre-cat (S1 B1 & S1 B2) lambda last year. Personally I would stay well away from the universal lamda's available. They do not come with plugs so need to be splined onto the existing cables under your car. Genuine VW ones cost around ?75 + vat each, although I have a friend who is a self employed mechanic and he got me them at trade price (?55 + vat each).

You do not need to do anything with vag-com after you have cleared the error codes.

Before Cat right - 022 906 262 H
Before Cat left - 022 906 262 J
do you know where he bought them from trade by any chance?

·
Registered
487 Posts
do you know where he bought them from trade by any chance?
From VW. VW sell parts to traders at "trade" prices. Actually, the retail price for the lambda's are ?83 +vat not ?75 as I mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well I`ve just rang VW and guess what there are only 6 of these sensors in the country apparently, and no dealer near me has them in stock? It`s not a part that commonly goes the parts man said LOL!!!!!... is this right as looking on this site lambda`s are always going, or is it just the 4 motion ones that are rare?

O and they want ?83.83 each plus the dreaded for them

They also said part numbers were

022 906 262 K as opposed to 022 906 262 H ?

the other one was ok?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cheers for that much appreciated. is there a translate to english on that page by any chance LOL!![:$]

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
I can speak german lol

it states that they were fitted to a car to test a fault then reomved

the link withe the BLACK plug is for the right side of the CAT and the link with the BROWN plus is for the left side of the cat

the part numbers are BLACK PLUG 022 906 262 H

the part numbers are BROWN PLUG 022 906 262 J

and then it says that these are 160? new to buy and that will fit these engine codes MKB: AQP AUE

any help??

Andy

1 - 20 of 35 Posts