Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Recently purchased a lovely set of 18" Annis [:D] to replace my tired looking 5spoke vw 15"wheels. Problem now is its looking like a footballers wifes 4x4!! I want to drop it, but not sure wether a 35-40mm drop will be enough. Ive only managed to find springs that will drop 35-40mm (koni).

1) Does anyone have pics of a 35-40mm drop.....and pictures of a 50mm drop on 18"'s so i can compare the difference. [:)]

Many thanks

James

Mk4 1.8 Gti

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi mate, got pics of MK4 lowered on 19's if that helps.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope this might give you an idea, the first picture is with spacers & the other is without (side view).

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is an extreeeemly good looking car....i was torn between getting the S8 wheels...

how much have yours been lowered by, as i saw a picture of a mk4 on 18's lowered by 35mm, and still looked rather high.

I bet yours corners very nicely! [:D]

James

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a 40mm drop both front and back looks good to me, and after a few months the springs will settle.

cheers

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Just lowered it 45mm on a apex sports kit the wheels are ony 17"s im happy it should sink a extra 5mm when worn in.dont no if anyone else had this problem but now i have the ABS warning light on not to sure why?

P.S its not me in the car thats my old man.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have photoshop'd on my mates 17" RS6 unto the golf, the centrecap is the exact same location on both pics. Does this mean the top pic is the way it will look without being dropped ??

Photoshop'd RS6

why buy an x5 ?? [:p][Y]

·
Registered
12 Posts
My mark 4 is on 18'' RS8 wheels.

Thinking of dropping it by 40mm. Is this going to be a case of simply replacing the springs or are there any other things I need to consider such as locking nuts, etc?

Any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I have an Anni on the standard 18"s that has been dropped 50mm (on KW springs. Im waiting for the 50mm Weitec kit to arrive) and that looks perfect (In my opinion).

I will try and get some pictures up soon

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
LoEnuff - how does your car ride and handle with the 50mm drop on the 19s?

I have the same alloys on my car but its sitting to high, just concerned on going to low as current setup is very comfy and use the car for the family! Any rubbing?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts