Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a met black R32 for a test drive today and well tempted. Currently got a 350Z.

Would appreciate any views on whether 5 doors makes it less sporty looking as a couple of guys i've spoken to reckon 3 doors is the only way to go.

Personally can't make up my mind

Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
personally, I think my 5 door 4motion looks better than an R32,

but that's because I don't like the bodykit at all. whereas lots of other people will spend money on r32 bodykits for theirs.

but who cares what it looks like, if you use the back seats at all, get a 5 door. if you don't, get a 3 door. That's why theres a choice, some people need 5 doors.

I'm betting 99% of the people on here will say the 5 door looks crap

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I like the 5 door, always have liked 5 doors over 3 door on the Mkiv shape.

Plus it will be rarer if you get the 5 door and the majority of boy racer types will think you just modded a 1.4, 1.6, SDI or TDI, imaging the shock when you plant your right foot!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for comments. If everyone thinks the 5 doors are crap how come there is so many of them and they cost more to buy new

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i think a golfs a golf tbh and i think its wrong to use a word like [email protected] to describe 5 door golf because there are many 5 door models which look better than the 3 door and the other way round too. i personla thonk that there is too much window space on th 3dr but the front door is bigger and easyer to get in and out but harder to put larger things in the rear seats.
lex

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Even though I don't have kids would never have a 3 door again unless the price was good enough. 5 doors its just convinient. Plus you have the added bonus of shorter doors for carparks and stuff.

I'm often carrying around boxes and stuff though. I also have a stupid blanket in the back to protect the seats [:$]

Don't think it looks too bad to be honest:
Posted Image

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As nearly everyone has said go for a 3 door. I have made up my mind.

Tomorrow i'm going to buy a 5 dr[:p]

Thanks for all your help. Pics will follow in next couple of weeks

·
Registered
209 Posts
Think 3 doors look better tbh. Made a firm decision that I didn't want a 5door when I got mine , but I hardly ever have anyone in the back anyway. [:|]

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I think a 3 door looks a tiny bit meaner..but i wouldn't ever have one with all that get out, seat forward, let them get in, seat back, get back in malarkey,

but if you dont mind that, or you never use the back seats, then a 3doors cool.

·
Registered
513 Posts
[:mad:] Nooooooooooooooooooooo

What is everyone thinking, its an R32, its the HOTTEST of the VW hot hatches. there not designed for convenience. there ment to look cool as f#uck.

why do you think audi dont make a 5dr S3!

next it will be a request for porsche to make a 5dr 911!

more to the point why do you want to swap a 350Z for a R32?

Jambo[Y]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
[:mad:] Nooooooooooooooooooooo

What is everyone thinking, its an R32, its the HOTTEST of the VW hot hatches. there not designed for convenience. there ment to look cool as f#uck.

why do you think audi dont make a 5dr S3!

next it will be a request for porsche to make a 5dr 911!

more to the point why do you want to swap a 350Z for a R32?

Jambo[Y]
It's no ferrari mate. It's an everyday car.

Things like ferraris, westfields etc, they are built for one purpose. An R32 is a 4 seater everyday car. 3 doors, 5 dorrs, don't really make much difference to me. It would annoy me personally if I had to climb in the back to lift out a box!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I've owned a 5 door GTI, and now a Bora, but when I had the Golf I wished that I had got a 3 door. Like someone else said I just think they look sportier.

·
Golf V R32 3.2 250PS DSG / Golf IV TDI-R 200PS
1,870 Posts
Def 5-door.

I prefer the looks as well as the practicality - the windows in the back are completely sealed on a three door.

BTW I thought I saw that Porsche were making a five door? And Aston etc.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts