·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... Roll on the critics![;)]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Completly changes the look of the car and much more with the motorsport look I love...

Now just need to clean the black circles off the driveway[:$]

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the comments, I know black rims are a marmite thing, I've always liked the look, those that know my old mk2 will know that.

Took me 3 hours start to finish ( my 2 year daughter enjoyed helping key the paint[:p] ) finish is OK, wouldn't stand up to close inspection but hey when I haven't cleaned them for a few weeks no-one will notice!

Rim edges were looking pretty ropy to be honest, I could never have left them! I tend to stretch the road edges when pressing on and the rims have suffered!

as for the hammerite staying on... the surface was keyed and wiped thouroughly with thinners.. time will tell!

[:D]

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Nope, i don't like them at all either. Black rims have never done it for me... Especially not on silver cars either. Sorry to sound negative. [:(]

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
doesnt do it for me...and I have lexus lights [:p]

nice car, poss a mix of silver and black wouldnt of been so bad

did u buy them wheels new by the way? *please say no, please say no*

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Doesnt do it for me I do like dark wheels but sorry they look a bit
botched, If I was you I would go and get them refurbed but get them
done in anthracite (dark metallic grey), should only cost thirty quid a
wheel.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I like it Scott. The finish (in those pics) looks alright. the one with the light reflecting on it looks pretty smooth. The white marks on the tyres will wear off in time, no doubt.

If it doesn't wear well, get it professionally done. Looks good though [Y][:D]

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"doesnt do it for me...and I have lexus lights "

[:$]

Scott, you_were looking for a recation weren't you?!
LOL I knew it would spark some comments!

I have never been one to follow the crowd.. and yes I did buy the wheels new, it was always my plan to paint them when they started looking worse for wear... They are about 4 years old now.

I'll try and get some better pics the sun yesterday made it very hard to get a good shot.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Doesnt do it for me I do like dark wheels but sorry they look a bit botched, If I was you I would go and get them refurbed but get them done in anthracite (dark metallic grey), should only cost thirty quid a wheel.
botched?[:'(] in what way? It was a toss up between black and anthracite.. done anthracite on my old car so went of black in the end.

The white on the tyres is just the glue from the masking tape I used and will be gone in a few days

30 quid/wheel... I didn't pay that for all four, And I have plenty left to patch them up should when I kerb them.[:|]

1 - 20 of 38 Posts